Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

thumbsup.gif
I have started LOCKDOWN. I am so excited. I have 6 Buff Orpington bantem minitures. One is looking good, the others Im not sure of. I accidently cracked one egg. And the top came off
he.gif
But I put some medical tape across the hole so that chick will be called Mirical if it does hatch out. Im not sure if I have heared any thing it might just be my hearing playing tricks on me. I have my daughters toy chick that makes churping noises and I hold it over the bater to see if they will respond
gig.gif
Not long now
fl.gif
please make it little chickies

Good luck to everyone else hatching out now. Seeding lots of good hatching out vibes to you all x
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Great news, its day 18 here and already 5 of my ewggs are rolling around and chirping!!!!
big_smile.png
My porcelain d'uccle, EE, and 3 other large brown eggs are moving around.
wink.png
Wish me luck as when it comes down to hatching i dont always have the best of luck..
hmm.png

I'm locked down and had one moving around 20 min in. Got a problem though, my humidity is at 74%, put to much water on my sponge I guess. Will they be okay until it drops down some?

Quote:
if you r using a sturofoam incubator, you could try opening one of the vent holes or both if needed, high humidity will drown the chicks when they pip the air sack, so you have to be real careful of this

all vents are open and I removed the sponge very quickly but humidity is still not going down????? should I open the lid for a few minutes????

Maybe squeeze the sponge out really good and put it back in there to soak up some of the excess water. When you open it will let some humidity out as well. I'd try that and see if it works...hope it does!

Back
Top Bottom