Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

Ohhh, I am so jealous! I was cool/patient as can be for the last 2.5 weeks but now that lockdown has started I am anxious as can be! Mine aren't due until Saturday evening but I can't help shining the flashlight in the bator several times a day to look for signs of life. "START HATCHING ALREADY!!!!!!!!" j/k

Quote:
What kind of bator? I have a styrofoam (LG) and when it drops I wrap towels around it. It helps to keep the temp up.

Its an LG. I guess I am confused why the temperature would stay constant for 2 weeks and now decide to drop 4-5 degrees?

I went ahead and tweaked the temp up. I hope I don't wake up in the morning with a surprise!

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

pop.gif

Quote:
did your zipper chick hatch ?

nope not yet

seen any movement from it yet if not you might want to check and make sure s/he didnt get shrink wrapped in

woot.gif
I hear peeeeeping from my bator...
big_smile.png
No pips yet
sad.png
I still can't believe some survived!! I'll be thrilled to get 1 chicky this time! 112 for 3 hours I thought would kill them all!!!

Quote:
What kind of bator? I have a styrofoam (LG) and when it drops I wrap towels around it. It helps to keep the temp up.

Its an LG. I guess I am confused why the temperature would stay constant for 2 weeks and now decide to drop 4-5 degrees?

I went ahead and tweaked the temp up. I hope I don't wake up in the morning with a surprise!

One of my LG bators did this exact thing when I went in to lockdown. I couldn't figure it out but I am guessing I must have touched the dial just enough to drop the temp to 98. I left it for 12 hours to see if it just needed to be stabilized, when it didn't go up I turned the dial a tiny bit and it is once again holding temps very well. Now I just want the little buggers to hatch!!!

Well, checked on the eggs this morning, and some rocking in the turner. I took the turners out, and put them in egg cartons. Added water to get the hunidity up, and crossing my fingers that everything goes well.
pop.gif
I even heard a muffled chirp.
thumbsup.gif

Bluemoon

I woke up this morning to find one little pip. Congrats on the newest little chicks hatching! I'll keep checking-in.

I hate that I have to go to work this morning, so I can't check on my babies progress until lunchtime.

woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom