Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

Quote:
Is it laying down or in a carton? If its laying down, give him some time he might get out ok. If its in a carton, lay it down when you grab the new babies out.

Well i am up to 12 baby chicks so far... 2 died while zipping though and 3 havent done anything yet. I also have 3 eggs due to hatch the 14 in that incubator and i thought for sure they wouldnt still be alive but i candled them today and they are doing really well!
ep.gif
And the chick that hatched to early is doing very well too. he is still in the incubator with 3 of his friends that just hatched and i moved 8 into the brooder. The chicks havent really seemed to fluff up much though. the 8 that i moved wherent all the way fluffy yet and they where in there all yesterday and last night? how long does it usually take?
The baby chicks that wasnt quite ready yet looks like one of the chicks from Suede Plus Meg
wink.png
He is turning out to be sooooo cute and has that redish blue fluff
big_smile.png
(he is from one of my eggs and i have no blue chickens except for a OEGB/EE which he has no sign of being half EE. Any thoughts?

Is it laying down or in a carton? If its laying down, give him some time he might get out ok. If its in a carton, lay it down when you grab the new babies out.

It is laying down............​

Quote:
It is laying down............

If he doesnt make any progress in 6-12 hours i would help him hatch out. My last hatch i had to help out 3 chicks because 2 where to big for there shelland the other wasnt making any progress. all are healthy and happy
big_smile.png

Quote:
shut up 12 chicks???? are you sure you werent due yesterday??? I have 1 pip:-( and Im stuck at work till I get home at 4-5pm...Dying to hear their peeps

Quote:
shut up 12 chicks???? are you sure you werent due yesterday??? I have 1 pip:-( and Im stuck at work till I get home at 4-5pm...Dying to hear their peeps

Nope it is just now day 20 I made sure and i even checked the calender for when i put them in. The temps wherent even high,, probably a little low but hey it worked
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom