Anybody have a cure for cracked heels?

I've had my knuckles crack and bleed a couple of times. I really need to keep to a daily schedule for my lips, hands and feet or it shows.

When it's too hot to wear socks, maybe just a non-greasy hand moisturizer or face moisturizer would work for you, as maintenance. Something that would work to rehydrate, rather than a product that works primarily as a moisture barrier, which tend to be greasier. If you don't over do it and let it soak in before you go to bed, it shouldn't be messy.

Sometimes I use different products or an increased application schedule to heal my hands or feet, than I do when they're in good shape and I just need to maintain them.

I swear by Bag balm and a pumice stone. If it's bleeding.. I don't know I've never had mine get that bad. Maybe try the tape thing till it closes. But a bit of bag balm on it every night, and a pumice stone in the shower/after a foot-soak. They'lll be ... lack of adjective... not beautiful just because they're feet and I'm podophobic, but whatever. They'll improve.

Quote:
My mom tried that but the dogs followed her around like her feet were giant popsicles. Mmmmm...butter....
gig.gif

Emu oil

I have been using my managers on my hands. I get deep bleeding cracks on my fingers and knuckles. It has worked wonderfully. Less than a week and they are better

Quote:
ME!! I thought I was the only one who suffered this bad! My heels are cracked so bad that I have to walk on my tip toes
hit.gif
I have tried the vasilne and I am sorry to say that it doesn't work!! I will keep checking this post.

Feathered Wings..... I hope you find some relief
hugs.gif

OMG i thought i was the only one too
hugs.gif

I used to use one of those shaver things but i had to go so deep to get all the tough skin it made my feet sore.
Mine get so hard and rough they cut holes in the heels of my socks
hit.gif

I'm going to try bag balm and socks and then if that don't work the baby stuff.
I really want this to work!!!
fl.gif

I have tried the kerasel and the foot doctor and the emu oil but not the bag balm or baby cream.
fl.gif
Heres hopeing i can wear sandles for the first time in 15 years.
tongue.gif
I see all those sassy sandles on ladies feet and i'm so jealous
hit.gif

Good Luck!! Barnyard i hope you get relief too so we can have some of those cool strappy sandles too
hugs.gif

Quote:
Super glue is also great for paper cuts or a slice from a very sharp knife . . .works great. My husband and sister have a terrible time with their feet cracking and the vaseline with saran wrap and then a pair of socks really does wonders. . .its aggravating as heck to have to wear all of it, but if you stick to it in just a short time you will have them pretty well healed up. The bag balm would be even better at first, and then follow up with V. for preventative maintenence.

I swear by Flexitol Heel Balm. You will notice a difference after the first application. This stuff is great. I got mine from Walgreens Drug Store in the footcare section.

I saw it as a recommended product in a Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have worn heavy boots all of my life and this cornhuskers stuff has kept me going, the above mentiond method is what I use, after awhile you will no longer need to apply it as your feet will be conditioned.

AL

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Next time I have mange I will have to try it..
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau:gig

If I ever get anything called "rain rot" just shoot me and put me out of my misery. Please!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom