anybody have a hatching room?

Mine used to be a dog kennel, it is heated and has A/C also.
big_smile.png

We use a spare room that we have since the kids are grown. I have a feed shed outside that is made of insulated metal door cutouts. If I put the bator out there would I need to put a window for air vent? It is about 6 x 10. I would think with door open in day, that there would be enough fresh air during the night. Any suggestions?

i have a really cool room i use for incubation..........along one wall it has built in shelves-i have a row of incubators on them. it has a large table i use for sorting eggs for hatching or eating. it does double duty as my packing area as well, when i ship eggs.
i have a desk in there with both a computer and telephone and its central to the rest of the house, so it's very convienient.
i'm trying to remember what the builder called it when we picked out plans for the house...........ummmmmmmmmm............oh right.........he called it a dining room. imagine a whole room to eat your meals in! where ever would you do your hatching?

Quote:
NOOOO! dont put them in your bedroom! trust me i have my bator in my bedroom and all the eggs seemed to have delayed hatching and only hatch at night. but the worste part is when they hatch they DONT shut up!
they chirp and peep all night long!
barnie.gif

Where were you 3 weeks ago when I set my bator up in our bedroom? LOL

My dh is already complaining about the light from the hatcher. I can just imagine what he'll say when he gets woken up by peeps.

Last edited:
I'vegotchickenfever wrote:
Laundry room, but I'm trying to talk hubby into letting me bring them into the bedroom this time. We have to run downstairs before the crack of dawn and then, sometimes, if we forget and go to bed early, the alarm goes off at 10:00 and we have to run downstairs again! It'd be easier in the bedroom!

NOOOO! dont put them in your bedroom! trust me i have my bator in my bedroom and all the eggs seemed to have delayed hatching and only hatch at night. but the worste part is when they hatch they DONT shut up!
they chirp and peep all night long!

Where were you 3 weeks ago when I set my bator up in our bedroom? LOL

My dh is already complaining about the light from the hatcher. I can just imagine what he'll say when he gets woken up by peeps.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Don't know if I'm happy or sad, but the bator is NOT in the bedroom - it's still in the laundry room. Never would've thought I'd hate the sound of chirping and peeping - but I suppose you have a point.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom