Anybody have a Really Good, I mean REALLY Good Apple Pie Recipe?

Here is my sister's apple pie recipe. It uses apple juice concentrate instead of sugar.
Apple Pie (No Sugar)

2 uncooked 9-in pie crust
2 tbs. Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
6 oz. frozen, unsweetened concentrate Apple Juice
¼ tsp Nutmeg
2-3 tbsp Butter, cut into bits
4 Cooking Apples or Delicious Apples, mix red and yellow, peeled

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice apples into unbaked piecrust and if you have it, squeeze a lemon over the apples. Mix flour and spices in a small bowl while you bring the apple juice to a boil on stove or in microwave. Remove from heat and immediately whisk in flour and spices to form a paste. Spread over apples. Dot with butter or margarine . Cover with top crust. Crimp edges and cut several small vents. Brush with a small amount of water and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake 40 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing. Very good and low calorie! Serves 8.

This is a picture of my DIL. She makes and sells apple pies from a secret family recipe that is passed down generation to generation to the girls only in their family. Her great grandmother sold these pies during the depression to help the family out. I have never tasted a apple pie like it and she probably makes 400 pies a year to sell. Last Christmas she made over 200. She is making 25 this weekend. They freeze well cooked and you can take them straight from Freezer to oven to warm and serve.

n1455428674_150.jpg

MissPrissy,

I do not have an orchard, but i make my pies like yours, only with store bought apples. I am not a big desert cook (just everything else, lol). But one thanksgiving (back when i was young and childless and manless, I decided that I wanted to make an apple pie. I really didnt have any instructions just made it how I thought it should be. I bought the pack of 2 pilsbury roll out pie crust. I cut the top crust into strips and made the lattice look. I used a deep dish glass pie pan for the bottom and stretched my crust to fit. I sliced and cored the apples and coated them with lemon juice I then rolled them in flour, cinnomon, brown sugar and nutmeg. I cut out small chunks of butter and places all around and topped with lots of brown sugar before I strategically placed my "Lattice work" on top. Then I brushed the top with butter. Baked til done. Every since then I have had to make Apple pies every single year for thanksgiving. It's weird how things start. I will be making one this year. My fiance loves to help me do the lattice work on the top, thats his new job, LOL

Used Miss Prissy's pie recipe...... I've been dying to use this heart pie top cutter I bought... I finally got to
big_smile.png
I can;t wait til tomorrow to EAT IT!!!!

100_6217Large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom