Anybody have any Cream Legbar rooster pics from Hoover’s Hatchery?

Coop-de-doop

Songster
Mar 14, 2023
I have this guy. He was supposed to be a cream legbar pullet last year, but ended up being a rooster. Hoover’s Hatchery wasn’t a very good place to get chicks from anyway, but they’ve even declined more this year. It’s almost like they free range their chickens and you can only hope to get something close to the breed you want. I bought cream legbar hens from a reputable breeder, and wanted to cover them with this rooster, but there aren’t a lot of cream legbar roosters with his coloring. So I am curious if anyone else out there has gotten a CLB roo from them, and if they’d post pics? I’ve also included his pic as a chick. No he's not a bielefelder, he has a crest.

Attachments

• IMG_7183.jpeg
    IMG_7183.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8019.png
    IMG_8019.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
I'm sorry, I don't have pictures. But you are correct that your rooster is not a good example of a quality Legbar. Much too much red, and those solid black feathers indicate mixing somewhere in his ancestry, probably. He looks like he might be single barred rather than double barred, and if that is the case some of his offspring could lack barring entirely.

I'm sorry, I don't have pictures. But you are correct that your rooster is not a good example of a quality Legbar. Much too much red, and those solid black feathers indicate mixing somewhere in his ancestry, probably. He looks like he might be single barred rather than double barred, and if that is the case some of his offspring could lack barring entirely.
Here is his son. My hens are from good breeders. The dark chick behind him in the last pic is also one of his offspring. That one’s mother is a black copper marans.

Attachments

• IMG_8130.jpeg
    IMG_8130.jpeg
    633.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8122.jpeg
    IMG_8122.jpeg
    586.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8123.jpeg
    IMG_8123.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom