Anybody have any info on these breeds?

Smokey Pearls are a pretty new hybrid from Hoover's. They have a little information about them on their site. Rustic Rocks I know very little about. I thought they might be from Hoover's as well, but I can't find any information about them anywhere. I think they might have an alt name that I can't think of at the moment.

Sorry, I don't know enough about Smoky Pearls to be usefull, and I think this is the first time I've heard of Rustic Rocks.

Are rustic rocks a Plymouth Rock coloration?
The American Poultry Association list of breeds and varieties does not have any variety called "rustic," for Plymouth Rocks or for any other breed.
https://amerpoultryassn.com/accepted-breeds-varieties/

That organization does not include all possible varieties, just the ones they have officially recognized. So some others might be in development, or less common, or found mostly in other countries, or something like that.

But "Rustic" does not even sound like a normal variety name to me. Most of the variety names tell something about the appearance (black, blue, white, laced, spangled, barred, etc.)

I would guess this is a new hybrid of one sort or another, that might include Plymouth Rock in the mix.

To me, "rustic" sounds like it fits right in with "prairie bluebelle egger" and "calico princess" as a name that is meant to sound good while not telling much about the chicken in question.

Back
Top Bottom