Anybody have any useful hints or tips for using power tools

Find a person who will teach you. A good teacher is priceless.

Don't be afraid to ask someone to teach you.

I "learned" that I was no good at understanding electricity or building things when I was a kid. It took about 40 years to realize that that was total BS.

There isn't much to say about them. It's crucial to speak with someone that can teach you how to handle it. I've bought an impact driver after reading https://powerdrillguru.com/best-impact-driver/ but the twist was that I've never used one in real life. I had to call a friend who was working in the construction business in order to help me out. It's not rocket science, but a good teacher can tell you about his secrets. Another important thing to take into consideration is that you need to buy quality tools because they are going to last longer

Eyes and ears. Actually, I keep multiple pairs of eyes around, depending on what conditions I'm working in, clear, yellow and tinted. Multiple gloves, too. There's a time and place for heavy cloth, heavy leather, but most of the time I reach for a good pair of synthetics, either with padding in the palm, or protection across the top.

and PATIENCE. Don't force the tool - that's how mistakes are made, injuries occur, and things get broken.

Oh, chainsaw chaps. You never need them, till you do.

SAFETY THIRD!

I think this is all common sense and if you don't have that, than please reach out to someone that could help you. Everyone can pitch in on what to do and not to do, but until you put your hands on the tools and put time in, it will not matter.

Adding on to pile, I would put proper form when you are handling heavier tools, or if working overheard or on a ladder.

Back
Top Bottom