Anybody have bees?

Lesa

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
Upstate NY
I am starting to explore the idea of having bees... I am wondering if anyone has any book or website recommendations that would be useful to a beginner? I planted a beautiful wildflower meadow this spring and now bees seem like a natural next step. Thank you for your help!

One of the best books is Beekeeping for Dummies - great for folks just starting out! Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

My dad keeps bees.
They were having a bee problem at the pool (which he lives right beside through the woods) and some guy came down trying to tell my dad they were his bees and he was going to call the law if he didnt remove them.
He told him there is no law against bees where he is since they are not considered livestock.
Then he continued that they were being a nuisnace at the pool.
My dad told him to prove that they were his bees then they will talk.
The havent heard from the guy again.

Thats the only problem they have come across with their bees but then again you always have that one neighbor.
roll.png

My dad really enjoys them and the honey they give.
I would say go for it. As far as reading on them...
I was looking in our market bulliten and they have classes for beginners in beekeeping.
I would check to see if yall have something along those lines

i started to do bees when i was in Florida. had them for about a month was going great. only got stung about 1,000 times
lau.gif
the city told me i had to get rid of them.. i was so mad. my garden was looking great, flowers looking healthy. but i guess the neighbor weren't to happy with it and turned me in. i never bought bees though i just got some used bee hives that still had bees wax in it. they sat there for about a month and the bees just moved in.

Back
Top Bottom