Anybody have business licenses for their poultry farming?

Cloverleaf Farm

Bearded Birds are Best
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Levan, UT
Just wondering how many of us do this. I am pondering, wondering if it's worth it, or just take my chances and see what happens...?? I am starting to sell chicks on a bit larger scale, and wondering if I'm gonna get busted...
idunno.gif

I looked into it a few weeks ago, because with a business license I could also get a sales tax exemption on buying feed for the girls. Then I realized I'd also have to charge sales tax when selling eggs and in the end it didn't seem worth it. But I am strictly small scale. I think a lot of it would depend on how big an operation you have.

I have one here in WA. Retail egg sales are exempt from tax. (table/eating eggs)

I do buy my feed, perscriptions and shavings for my chickens without retail sales tax.

I am required to collect sales tax on any sales within the State to people who do not have a retail sales tax exemption form. Most of my sales, 99.9%, are out of State, so it is no big deal.

I also get a small business discount when filing my quarterly sales tax, so the first $100.00 of taxes owed is free.

You would have to find out what the regulations are in Oregon. I believe they are probably similar, or less taxes. Washington State has some of the highest taxes in the nation.

ETA: I can only sell table/eating eggs from my home. If I take them out of the home to sell, I have to get an egg handlers license.

Last edited:
gig.gif
You think those that do not, are going to incriminate themselves?
The chances that we are watched on here, is just high enough, that most are going to pass on answering that question.

Jean - thanks for the info, that helps alot.

Paula - haa haa I know, I thought of that when I posted, but what I suppose I am really looking for is answers like Jean's, where the answer is YES, they have them and why.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom