Anybody have turkeys?

I have a flock of Narragansetts and love the breed. Even "Tom", my tom, is super friendly...most of the time. One of my females is uber friendly and "Friendly" became her name - with "Doggo" being a close second because she follows my family members like she's a dog. At the end of the day, they're still turkeys...and very quirky birds. 🤣

I have a flock of Narragansetts and love the breed. Even "Tom", my tom, is super friendly...most of the time. One of my females is uber friendly and "Friendly" became her name - with "Doggo" being a close second because she follows my family members like she's a dog. At the end of the day, they're still turkeys...and very quirky birds. 🤣
I like the names:). My tom turkey's name is Tommy Boy.:lau

My royal palm flock master was named TomTom. And his son was Kiko. Pretty sure there was one other boy because we had like 6 hatch, but Kiko was my favorite besides TomTom. He hung out under our deck at night

I have raised turkeys for 43 years and currently have heritage Auburn, Bronze, Black, Chocolate, Slate, Sweetgrass, Regal Red, Holland White, Red Bronze, Narragansett and Recessive Slate. The hens are currently laying like Gatling guns but I have yet to set an egg, just not in the mood to mess with poults or chicks this year.
Turkeys are my favorite, I had three wild toms show up Saturday morning looking for a girlfriend, the domestic toms were not at all appreciative of the amorous wild suitors!

Blessings,

Bo
Hi Bo! We're thinking about getting a couple of turkeys to add to our flock. What variety have you found to be the friendliest? We're really looking for them to be pets. Thank you!

I have experienced aggressive toms in most all varieties but I have never had an aggressive Slate tom, not sure why but I just never have and I can say that with the utmost certainty.
Best wishes in your turkey endeavors, you will not be disappointed.

Blessings,

Bo

Back
Top Bottom