anybody here a victim of unemployment?

Quote:
VERY poor choice of names!
Should be "giveusyourmoney"
BTW, I've needed unemployment in the past. But when MINE ran out, I didn't demand yours. Tough times, tough choices. And the last thing we need is millions more flooding across the border with hands out. I've lived it firsthand. Had a landlord that was made legal with the first amnesty. He was a GOOD man except the taxpayers bought the rental property for him. (was supposed to be his primary residence) He moved away, but returned quickly as "Washington gives me more free stuff"!! OUR STUFF

Last edited:
Quote:
VERY poor choice of names!
Should be "giveusyourmoney"
BTW, I've needed unemployment in the past. But when MINE ran out, I didn't demand yours. Tough times, tough choices.

Mine hasn't ran out.

Um, as much as i dislike some of the things my mom does or say, i will stand up for her.
her unemployment DIDNT run out. she got a job to support us. then they fired her for getting hurt
she cant get the unemplyment back.
and this thread was not ment for politics, it was ment to help people see whats going on, to help people unit, and things of thatr nature.
my mom worked when i was little, so much i can barely remember a time when she was home, other then being prego with my brother.

Quote:
This is why NOTHING gets done. Everyone says "not me, he did it". Just stop and fix it. And it WILL be painful.

Agreed, more of the blame everybody else, instead of stepping up to the plate. Actually this smelly stuff started long-g-g-g-g before Clinton, Bush, and Obama, but it is time for the man in charge at the current time to do the right thing.

Blaming others is such a cheap cop-out!

Quote:
This is why NOTHING gets done. Everyone says "not me, he did it". Just stop and fix it. And it WILL be painful.

Agreed, more of the blame everybody else, instead of stepping up to the plate. Actually this smelly stuff started long-g-g-g-g before Clinton, Bush, and Obama, but it is time for the man in charge at the current time to do the right thing.

the blame game dnt wrk. why not just get the job done? is it really that difficult

Quote:

Agreed!

I do wish they could fix things here in this country

Quote:

the blame game dnt wrk. why not just get the job done? is it really that difficult

Sadly, for our Congress YES. There are too many politicians on corp. payrolls to protect Big Business etc.... and at this point, I think the Senate would argue of the color of the sky!

Quote:

Sadly, for our Congress YES. There are too many politicians on corp. payrolls to protect Big Business etc.... and at this point, I think the Senate would argue of the color of the sky!

hmm.png
the big business thingy is true. they need to stop worrying about big businesses and start worrying about the people

Really, really hoping not to have to collect unemployment. My husband got laid off a couple of weeks ago and has done all the stuff online to apply for unemployment in case it's needed. He still has a few more paychecks coming from his old job and just did the drug test for a possible (probable?) new job this morning. Hopefully he'll be back to work by the middle of next week.

This is extremely fortunate, though. Many people are diligently seeking work and unable to find it right now.

Ideally, I'd like to see a lot of manufacturing come back to the US and have corporations held to some kind of wage/benefit standards for their employees before the middle class completely deteriorates in this country. Unfortunately, there are too many large corporations making very large campaign contributions to the folks that make our laws, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Barring that, I guess they might as well keep the bread and circuses coming. Better than spending it on efforts to kill people in other countries and using our own young people as cannon fodder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom