Anybody Kill Any Deer Lateley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS and I both filled our general tags. He has an antlerless whitetail tag left to fill.
He got a nice mule deer buck and I got a nice whitetail buck.

My daughter killed her first deer (a small buck) last sunday, still archery hunting, and shotgun will start in December.

We dont hunt but I would love to get some of that deer summer sausage and ground meat.......not sure where I can get some.

We got a nice 8 point and a doe. Also got 2 pigs. Going again tonight.
6236_026.jpg

Last edited:
Great buck FarmGirl!

Congrats to all the other successful hunters! I've only been out four times so far this year. With the rut getting closer, I'm hoping to get out a lot more soon.

Ewesheep, I hunt over in Monticello, I don't have any spare meat yet, but if the deer cooperate I could probably spare a quarter or two. Do you have a grinder?

Here are the two does I have taken this year.

Opening day doe:
oct1doe.jpg

My friend and I both got deer the last time I was out. (Hunting in different areas of the same public land)
dnc.jpg

Hopefully, I'll have a picture of a nice buck soon.
smile.png

My husbands gone out a lot.. nothing yet. Our doe season is only 9 days this year thanks to the wolf population and crazy politicians....sigh... but I'm looking forward to some deer steaks. Yummmm

My husband has gotten 3 so far and has let several walk by, waiting for bigger ones. We are fortunate that our neighbor is a butcher and cuts ours up for a small fee. It's lovely to get nice cuts and ground meat from someone who knows what he's doing!

ETA: He cut the head off one because he wants to save the skull so I showed it to the chickens when they were free ranging that afternoon. They were hilarious, clucking loudly at it and peering at it. They wanted to get closer and peck it, but they were too chicken
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom