Anybody know how to knit socks?

I've seen patterns that used worsted weight yarn, too, which you can buy very cheaply. You could try that, just to see if you like knitting socks. If you like knitting socks, then you can look for some lighter weight sock yarn.

My first sock was a big Christmas sock. Hard to mess that up! It was my first argyle pattern. The yarn was cheap and everything was big enough to easily see what was going on. Plus, I only needed to make one! Just a couple of ideas.
smile.png

I took a magic loop sox class at a great yarn shop in Hillsborough, NC and then figured out how to do two at a time.
I much prefer doing both socks together so that I don't have to count rows or stitches to ensure they are match in size and shape. Also, I don't end up with just one sock. ;)

A friend, who no longer knits, just gave me a huge bag full of sock yarn, including lots of lovely hand "painted" yarns!! Woot !!

I took a magic loop sox class at a great yarn shop in Hillsborough, NC and then figured out how to do two at a time.
I much prefer doing both socks together so that I don't have to count rows or stitches to ensure they are match in size and shape. Also, I don't end up with just one sock.
wink.png

A friend, who no longer knits, just gave me a huge bag full of sock yarn, including lots of lovely hand "painted" yarns!! Woot !!
i have played a little with magic loop, but i end up with a tangled mess!
hide.gif
i thought i'd try something simple on ML, like a hat maybe...

Socks aren't really any harder than anything else to master. If you pick a simple pattern, you should be able to just follow along. If there is anything you don't understand or don't know how to do, You Tube is your friend. You can learn how to do just about anything on youtube. Ravelry.com is a great place to find patterns if you aren't already on there. As others have mentioned, there are lots of groups that could help you, too. I live on Ravelry. I'm craftyshanna over there too, if anyone wants to look me up.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom