Anybody know of a hatchery that...

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
has a "surprize" package deal consisting of meat and game birds? Like pheasant, turkey, quail, chukar, cornish chickens, etc. I'd like to get a "package deal" with some unique game birds for our next batch to raise since our freezer is now full with chicken!
tongue.png
I'm looking at getting at least 50 birds in this "deal" but I'm not picky as to what they are. I kinda like surprizes!

PS....anybody here raise some of the things I'm looking for? Do you ship? lol
wink.png

The only one that I've seen is MM has what they call a Utility Game Bird Assortment.
This is the description:
Here is your chance to get a nice variety of wild game birds. The selection of birds will consist of 30 chukar partridge and 30 pheasants of our choice from the different varieties we sell. This is an ideal assortment for the hunter and dog trainer, the connoisseur of delicious wild meat, or the hobbyist who just loves to add variety to their homestead.Shipped April through June.
This is the link:http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/utility_game_bird_assortment.html
I'm pretty sure no fancy pheasants, though. It is still a pretty good deal, of course you'd have to wait to next year. Most other hatcheries won't mix game birds with other game birds and I haven't found a hatchery that will mix game birds and chickens... There are quite a few that will mix ducks, turkeys and chickens, though...Cackle and Ideal both will.
Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom