Anybody out there NOT getting anymore chicks?

I've got 3 eight week olds, and can't get any more in my yard. So unless one of mine is eaten by something, I'm not doing chicks again.

I am done at least for this year. We have 20 girls and one boy all EE. We got ours to work as gardeners in a rotating garden/coop plan I've been working on, and live in town. We may add another garden next year and if we do we will let Nugget be broody the next time she does. I may look into an arucana or two to add to my EE (or some other south american blood line to add to the offspring)

I'm DONE......babies inside and 2 broody chickens in coop and one with babies and chances are GREAT I will have many roos to then try and find homes for.....YES i am finished

No more chicks for us. Unless we move to a bigger place, of course
wink.png

Yeah, well. I was done too until I went into Orschlen's on Wednesday and they had EE's. I have a 6x8 coop and only 7 chickens, so I have room for 5 more. I bought 4 EE's and a Buff Orp. Oops. So much for not upsetting the balance in the coop.

60454_img_2112.jpg

They are really cute.

Last edited:
I have seven 6 week old pullets on the back porch and their coop isn't done yet. They're getting stinky and rambunctious and I can't imagine going through raising chicks again. However, I know next year I will have forgotten all that and I'll have a hard time keeping my hand out of the chick bin at the local feed store.
roll.png

I'm done for this year.

Also have 5 wk old Black Java's - in that 'so ugly they're cute' phase. Getting bored with being stuck inside due to cold weather outside...I need to find some entertainment for them!

We'll likely 'add' to our flock next spring. I'm excited, but am enjoying these 11 we have - that's enough for us for now!

here's one of ours who's figured out this whole 'roosting' business! Too funny!

86671_img_3057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom