Anybody own a Dickey 2 x2

OnlyinGlenloch

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 7, 2011
Franklin Georgia
I am wanting to buy an incubator but have some restriction on the space in which I have to work with.
I don't have space for a incubator and a hatcher.
Has anyone tried the Dickey 2X2.
If so what do you think of it? Thanks

Yes, I have one. Like it right well too.

I bought mine with the electronic thermostat and the plexiglass door. I recommend them both.

Size wise it's the same physical dimensions as the other Dickey/Sportsman incubators which is roughly the size of a small two drawer filing cabinet. Two incubation trays, two hatching trays. I've done staggered hatches (a week or more apart) and had good luck.

A.T. Hagan :

Yes, I have one. Like it right well too.

I bought mine with the electronic thermostat and the plexiglass door. I recommend them both.

Size wise it's the same physical dimensions as the other Dickey/Sportsman incubators which is roughly the size of a small two drawer filing cabinet. Two incubation trays, two hatching trays. I've done staggered hatches (a week or more apart) and had good luck.

Sorry to bring up an old thread... but how many eggs does the 2 x2 hold? I'm looking to up grade soon and its going to be a dickey or a sportsman. Thanks​

I just got mine yesterday...will be setting it up shortly. I got the same as A.T Hagan, 2X2 with electronic thermostat & full acrylic door.
celebrate.gif

I got the plastic egg holders for the trays which hold 48 bantam sized eggs per holder...2 holders fit in a tray, so that's a total of 96 eggs per tray X 2 trays for a total of 192 eggs.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! Does it look like the hatching trays will be easy to clean? Do you have photos? Congrats on the new bator!

Everything looks like it'll be very easy to clean. ...a little soap/bleach & hose the trays right out!

Sorry no pics...I just unpacked it. You can see it @ dickeyincubators.com
big_smile.png

Ok cool thanks again! I've been to dickeys web site and looked at all the photos a million times! I've just gota decide which one and how to get the hubby to let me get it! One more question... do the hatching trays both come with a screen so the chicks can't jump out? Also if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost with shipping and the plastic egg holders?

Quote:
Yes..hatching trays have screen covers.

2X2 with electronic thermostat
full acrylic door
plastic egg holders
shipping from Georgia to Louisiana
Total....$749.07

You can email ([email protected] ) or you can call Mr. Dickey @ 478-982-5515.....he answers his own phone & will answer any questions you may
have ( 9am to 10pm).

I am very pleased with it. Mr. Dickey is very nice to deal with...the incubator is very well made...temps/humidity holding steady.

I have the standard Dickey and it is easy to clean the hatching tray. They have a catch pan under the hatching tray that comes out. The tray itself comes out . Its easy to clean. I would have preferred the 2x2 for staggered hatching, but this works well. I stil do staggered hatches. I have the full acrylic door which I purchased as an afterthought. I prefer it.Enjoy whatever your decision!

Back
Top Bottom