Anybody use a picture window incubator with turbo fan?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by taraann81, Apr 9, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Hi everyone. I am new to this. I am waiting for an incubator to arrive which I ordered today. It is a picture window incubator with turbo fan which I purchased online from Murray McMurray. I just wondered if anyone has used this before. Also while I am waiting is there any other purchases I should make? I am not sure what all comes with this incubator. I assumed everything you would need would come with it now I am not so sure reading other posts. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

2. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    It sounds like you are either talking about the 1583 or the 1588..In either case I own both and use them both with great success [​IMG]

3. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I couldn't find a number beside the name, Thats great thanks. I haven't received mine yet but it has a fan. I am hoping to hatch eggs from my Muscovy in it and I've heard that a still air incubator works better for duck eggs? Is this true and if so is there any way I can turn the fan off? Sorry I just don't know enough about it. Thanks so much!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  4. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    My guess would be that you are talking about the hovabator 1583, but I could be wrong. I have friends that use those and they always get good hatch rates, but they have houses with stable temperatures.
    Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by