Anybody use Leon Valley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmgirlie1031

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
IA
I was just wondering if anyone has had success with Leon Valley? I ordered eggs from them and all the air cells were busted. Some eggs were cracked. I got zero chicks:( They are a top ebay seller but I had no luck with their eggs. I want to see people with luck before I order anymore from them. Thanks. If I ever order eggs from them again since I have had much better luck on BYC
smile.png

Last edited:
They are the second best packer on ebay(th best is the one who sells sex linked muscvies) my polish and my cochin are from them. I had reasobnable hatchrate )in the 50's) with them. Even with a package that the USPS kicked i still got some hatches, all i wanted was a wcbp anyways. they are good peeople and breed true to standard.. if you have troubles its not their fault blame the mail.

I've order from them twice. my hatch rate was low but it was winter and I was new to hatching. The ones that did hatch have turned out very pretty.
sly

They should of packed their eggs better and then not been so rude when I emailed them that I had trouble. So yeah, now that i think about it I won't be using them again. My eggs were stuck to the foam and there was no bubble wrap around each egg
sad.png
They were saying I didn't know how to hatch eggs even though I have been having great success hatching eggs from my own hens and other people here on BYC even eggs shipped ever further than theirs were.

Last edited:
We can guarantee that the eggs were fertile when they left our possession because as a Hatchery we sell chicks and we did hatch chicks from the same batch of eggs that your eggs were shipped from. We obviously cannot be held responsible for anything other than what we guarantee or be held responsible for the manner in which the eggs may or may not have been handled during shipping and incubation. We are also sold out of chicks for 2008 (obviously hatched from fertile eggs) but we do have available juveniles and adults of most breeds.

Their words. They were trying to sale me chicks after they sent me bad eggs:( Anyways... i'm done with my rant.​

Ok they didn't have to throw in the part about selling chicks (obviously hatched from fertile eggs) - as a business sarcasm is not very customer friendly.

They should realize that one unhappy customer can do alot of damage to their business. Escpecially in the chicken hatching community. I realize that shipped eggs are a gamble but their customer service is lacking.

Quote:
I understand they might not hatch. That is just part of the deal but they really made me mad trying to sale chicks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom