anybody using a brower round metal bator?

Quote:
He is simply disagrreeing with the point that the wafer could be responsible for the heater not coming on.

As an aside .... sure you can add controls, but that involves the customer re-engineering a poor product (with allowances for the 50 year old ones).

What is wrong with 50 year old engineering if it works. Other than thermostats. Most incubators sold today use exactly that.

i guess i'm confused...mine is heating, just not to 102. I'm now at 97 on digital in center / 98-99 on manual at side of incubator
since it's heating, does that mean the coil/wafer/etc are working? i'm just trying to figure out why i can't get it to the right temp....

Quote:
What type of incubator, if top hatch sound like room temp. to cold.
The wafer is ok, the heating element sound ok also. Is it turning on and off? the styroform type have a hard time keeping up the temp. They use smaller watt heating elements, if not the styroform would melt.

Quote:
He is simply disagrreeing with the point that the wafer could be responsible for the heater not coming on.

As an aside .... sure you can add controls, but that involves the customer re-engineering a poor product (with allowances for the 50 year old ones).

What is wrong with 50 year old engineering if it works. Other than thermostats. Most incubators sold today use exactly that.

Nothing. I was cutting them slack because they worked with what they had. Did a decent job too.

Quote:
did you do any of this yet??

Carefully getting it to hot, that will damage it. warm water not HOT
Also getting it hot and putting in cold water will crack it.

Quote:
did you do any of this yet??

I did say WARM water, not HOT..

i haven't ran the wafer under water yet...do i need to let it cool first?
i added foil to the interior to try & reflect heat...i'm still not getting enough heat

Quote:

I did say WARM water, not HOT..

Yes I know you did, was just making sure WARM not Hot.

Back
Top Bottom