Anybody want to hold my hand???

momma's chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Idaho
I have 5 silkie eggs in the bator on day 20 and nothing. I know it is early but this is driving me crazy. I keep checking through the window and nothing. When I have hatched eggs before (never Silkies) this is my firsst time with them), I always had some hatch early.

I am nervous and scared something may not be right.

Oh, I do know that feeling! I've been hatching turkey, duck, and chicken eggs all summer long with good hatch rates. Recently I purchased some Ameraucana eggs by mail and tossed them in the Sportsman 'bator. Day 20 rolls around and nothing. It was like watching paint dry... I had my nose plastered to the door of the incubator.... watching and waiting. My patience was rewarded with 5 of the cutest little fuzzies!

Good luck with your hatch... hope you'll post pics when your chicks finally decide to present themselves.

I will definitely post pics, I want some babies. In the other incubator I have turkeys, ducks and chickens but only on the first week. It is wonderful. I haven't had any babies since July though so it time.
wee.gif

I think I need to go find something to do as I am driving myself crazy. It is a good thing that I am going to my ds football game tonight, it is 1 1/2 hour drive one way, that will take up the rest of my evening.

I so badly want a pip!!!!!

:(Wll sadly, my aren't going to hatch and have been disposed of. I had a really funny feeling and I am not sure why. I candled them and saw no movement so in the egg I was sure wasn't viable I gently cracked and peeled some shell. There was a fully formed dead chick. I candled them all and checked them all and out of five, I had four fully formed dead chicks. I was extremely bummed the rest of the day and still am. Still not sure what went wrong, no fault of the seller or the mail as they were fully formed. I have hatched other chicks in that incuabor so hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom