Anyone and everyone, please help me!!

If I was to recreate a balanced chicken feed formulation. I would follow the ingredient list on the feed bag and study up on alternative sources to find them locally. Studying each nutritional value for each ingredient would better help to produce a passable homemade food that will contain protein, vitamins, and minerals.

If I was to recreate a balanced chicken feed formulation. I would follow the ingredient list on the feed bag and study up on alternative sources to find them locally. Studying each nutritional value for each ingredient would better help to produce a passable homemade food that will contain protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Thanks again Tony!
Is there a specific amount of protein, vitamins, and minerals needed? Like, in grams.

Thanks again Tony!
Is there a specific amount of protein, vitamins, and minerals needed? Like, in grams.
I am sorry your pullet is ill. Let's try to find out what the problems are.

She would need 18-20% protein in her feed. But as she is sickly, you could help with feeding her scrambled eggs with millet.

Did you check her and her housing closely for mites and lice?

Where do you keep her, does she have access to an outside run?

When did you last deworm her and what did you use?

Does she have access to granite grit and calcium like oyster shells at all time?

Last edited:
With all due respect, I reuse to buy feed from the feed store. I was a victim of the *feed crisis*. So I started making my own feed. What would you suggest me add in my feed mixture to make it balanced?
If it is a sickness, what could it be? Based on what I said.
Are there any local farm stores that make their own more balanced feed that you could buy and use?

With all due respect, I reuse to buy feed from the feed store. I was a victim of the *feed crisis*. So I started making my own feed. What would you suggest me add in my feed mixture to make it balanced?
If it is a sickness, what could it be? Based on what I said.
Then buy chick feed, no "anti laying poison" There. 😮‍💨
your mix will kill your birds, there's lots of information here on byc, I'm surprised you didn't look here, frankly.

Ok, here are some pics of her. She pooped today, and it looked like normal poop.
P_20230316_115658_LL.jpg
P_20230316_115616_LL.jpg

I lost 3 pullets too the same symptoms, I don't know what is was or what caused it but they would be like yours then they got worse and worse and eventually just died or had what I think were seizures and died. Maybe try some nutra-drench and egg? I'd put some nutra-drench in her water too.
Sorry about your girl

I am sorry your pullet is ill. Let's try to find out what the problems are.

She would need 18-20% protein in her feed. But as she is sickly, you could help with feeding her scrambled eggs with millet.

Did you check her and her housing closely for mites and lice?

Where do you keep her, does she have access to an outside run?

When did you last deworm her and what did you use?

Does she have access to granite grit and calcium like oyster shells at all time?
Yes, thank you.

Ok, I'll do some research on what a good source of protein would be for her.
I also just made some scrambled eggs for her.

Yes, that's one of the first things I looked for. (Yes, as in she's clean. :p)

She is currently staying in our garage because it's too cold for her to stay out side at night. And in the morning I let her, and her man out, in my yard.

I haven't dewormed her recently. What would you recommend I use, when I do?

Yes, I usually mix it in her feed.

Back
Top Bottom