Anyone around Abilene, Texas willing to show me how to process birds?

tcp97b

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Abilene, TX
I've recently seen an add on Craigslist for Cornish X for $5.00 - unprocessed. There are 13 of them. I could also just get a couple @ $6.00 each. Anyone in the Abilene area willing to show me how the deed is done?

Ty

That's correct. How to send them to Freezer Camp, etc. I'd like to learn how to kill, scald, pluck, etc. I passed on the Cornish X though. Not enough time to deal with them.

Thanks!

I'm out a Lake Brownwood, Tx. We've got a few of our creations (white rockXbuff orpington) the extra roosters we'll be cleaning in the next week or so. These birds are very large and are great layers. I couldn't find anyone with a standard cornish to breed my white rock hens with so we used the buff orpington roosters so I just bought 30 standard Dark Cornish (15 pullets and 15 males). Your welcome to get them and bring them here and we'll help you out. I may let you practice on about 50 of our quail(lol). Its easy once you just get after it. It'll take you some getting used to to get you going at it fast. I was taught if your doing something you don't like (work) then get it done ASAP and it'll be all done and over with. I've got a vaccum sealer we may can figure it out how to use it between the 2 of us as long as noone sees us messing up then theres noone to laught at us. I'll be selling a few of the cornish roosters just as soon as I figure out which ones I wanna use. Dad and I are just getting things going for his little business($$$$exspensive hobby$$$$$). I've been reading on here for about 4-5 hours a day since I found this website about 10 days ago I joined. I guess I'll talk to you soon.

Back
Top Bottom