Anyone bought a car recently?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Oblio13, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I stopped by a VW dealer today to see about replacing my '02 diesel Jetta with a new one. The salesman told me they charge full MSRP, no rebates and no negotiations.

What happened to the recession?

Looks like my next car won't be another VW.

2. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    I just bought a 06 toyota corolla-demo model, so it had all the bells and whistles and only 8 k miles. They made me a great deal, lifetime oil changes and made the paperwork pretty darn easy and quick. This is not to so I didn't haggle....cuz I did, I'm a woman, it's our nature... [​IMG]
    I went from driving a F150, so it was really hard to go so far down in size, however, it cost 20 dollars to fill my tank. So, I'll find a way to adjust (steal hubby's pick-up [​IMG] )[​IMG]

Keep looking, look at internet sites, compare prices, make lists, print stuff off, know what your trade in is worth and always look at other area dealers, Be persistent and tell 'em, I'll take my marbles and go play with someone else!!

Good Luck

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That's when you say, thanks, and walk across the street to the toyota dealership.

You just gotta shop around and do lots of walking away and negociations.

4. Just wait. In a few months they will begging for your business.
    This is what chrysler dealerships always tried to pull on thier prospective customers and now look where they are.

5. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    We took the wife's car in for service last week. We were there about two hours because there seemed to only be six employees running the whole dealership. It was ghostly. There was free coffee, but the free donuts had gone by the wayside.

While we were there, only four customers, us included showed up. All were there for service, no one even looked at cars. Things are getting bleak.

Rufus

6. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    We looked into buying an F-150 in August, but decided to lease instead then buy-out and trade in for the newer model after we buy out. We're leasing our 2008 F-150 with complete towing package for cheaper than buying. We got something like a 10k family pricing on it, so a $44,000 truck became a $34,000 truck and with our lease that's only about $511.00 a month ($11 is for the bed liner we had installed). We had originally decided to go with a Ranger because they were being discontinued and the pricing was great, plus they could pull a horse trailer, and cost less to fill up. UNFORTUNATELY FOR US, my dad is 6'7 and we needed something he would feel comfortable driving. We can't go any smaller than a Ford Focus Station Wagon really, and since he pretty much demolished the wagon during moving (he rear-ended a beat up old chevy truck in downtown Toronto.... at a stop LOL). It was written off, and we were able to move up to a bigger vehicle for the farm. As a note, the truck is our only car. The sad thing is, the focus was so bad on gas that it was like driving the truck.

We're buying out at the end of the lease.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by