Anyone can cherries?

Ericasl, I tried to PM you back, but often much like myself, your inbox is full
lol.png

Here is the info you requested.....

A cherry stoner is a device that removes the pits from the cherries very quickly. They are great! This is the model I use:

http://astore.amazon.com/lifeforcevibr-20/detail/B000JLCJ9K/102-4289770-5723352

Here is a recipe for cherry fruit leather:

Blend 4 cups of cherries (destoned) in blender with a little water. When a pourable consistancy, pour onto fruit leather trays and dry for 4 hours (longer if too thick).

Should be good! Have fun!

ok, I notices...redfeathers, and dangerouschickens are both in OR. Not near each other!?? Can a fellow BYCer help out another BYCer with some cherries!?? We just planted our cherry trees this year. I am guessing it will be 4 or 5 years to get cherries. LOL, by THEN I might not WANT, or be able to do anything with them. Ohhh, I wish there were cherry trees near me. I WANT FRESH CHERRIES!!!

i'm in MI and my 2 trees are loaded with cherries. we've been making jam, pie filling, dehydrating, but i haven't tried the recipe from Justasnak. looked in my Ball book and can't find that one but will follow yours. DangerousChicken sounds good too. my DH won't quit picking - he hates the thought of "wasting" what God has given us. my legs are tired from standing for hours over the counter and stove the past few days and i think God would give me a pass this year - my theology is a little lax these days! thankfully he has been the pitter - better his nails than mine!

i made 6 jars with splenda - has anyone had success with that. we have family that are diabetics, so i try to make stuff for them. made some last year that turned out good but can't remember how i did it - i've got that 50+ memory syndrome going on . . . has anyone had success with Splenda and canning? all the paperwork says to not bother, but family is family and i would like to know if it is possible.

I have a brandied cherry recipe that is TOO DIE FOR on ice cream. haven't made it in yrs cause cherries are so expensive now and I can't seem to keep a tree alive...Lost 2 in the last 2 yrs

Quote:
That's a wonderful Idea, but I think that since she is renting the property, that it would get her in trouble and I wouldn't want that to happen. We live about an hour and a half apart...maybe more. I visit her neck of the woods a few times a year, it's beautiful there and one of my favorite places on this earth. Every Christmas we stay at the old Hood River hotel for a weekend. I'll be there in the fall for some apples though..maybe some of those killer Hood River pears too.
tongue.png

My neighbor and I head to Hood River and pick cherries. We pay about $1 pound. I just pit them with a clamp-on-the-counter pitter and can them with water. Then later I can use them for whatever I need to.

Will a regular sized cherry stoner work with the tiny cherries?
My little cherry orchard finally hit maturity this year and we have tons of small cherries, they are about the size of my thumb nail. They don't have a whole lot of meat, mostly pit, but I was trying to figure out how to make jam from them without removing all of the pits...
idunno.gif

I was thinking about cooking them and removing the juice to make jam. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom