Anyone concerned about the Swine Flu that owns pigs???

ltlchicken

Songster
Oct 8, 2008
well, i'm concerned. there's confirmed cases all around us in houston. i wouldn't be so concerned, but this flu also contains an avian form, so someone coming to my property with this flu can "technically" give it to my birds.

the texas health commission issued a warning to the farmers to stay away from their own pigs if they feel they have the flu and have someone else feed their pigs so that they won't give the flu to their pigs. http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/news/pr/2009/2009Apr_WildHogsNoIndicationOfFluDanger.pdf

its
not the pigs, it's the people i'm scared of. LOL

we've decided to not let people on our farm for the time being. not trying to panic, just that i'd rather be safe than sorry. i don't want to lose my precious birds.

Last edited:

flopshot

Songster
Feb 17, 2009
so far the tracking of this strain seems to lead to Mexico. this has convinced Israel to call for a name change to the Mexican flu which 'ain't no way gonna happen' in these times of political correctness.
we've had the Hong Kong flu, the Asian flu, bird flu, avian flu, and the one flu over the cookoo's nest but all of a sudden the name has to be changed because it's offensive to Jews and Muslims and the pork industry. those factions can be offended all they want and i'm not bothered by it but when our government health agencies and the W.H.O. can find the time to actually address their "issues" with the name i can only conclude that this must not really be a health scare otherwise these agencies would actually be doing something usefull.
my vote for the next flu name is the "who flung poo flu". we can blame it on zoo monkeys.

Last edited:

mekasmom

Songster
Dec 9, 2008
I am certainly not concerned about pigs giving it to me, nor birds. I am concerned that people will spread it.

beak

On vacation
Dec 12, 2008
Kiowa, Colorado
Quote:Why would the Jews or The Muslims be offended by something that kills some people, being called by the name of a species they find offensive? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom