Anyone Doing An Easter Hatch?

8wishbonechicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 24, 2009
We are stabilizing our home-made incubator right now. We will put eggs in on the 14th, so if my math is right, they will hatch on Easter Sunday. My 3 girls and I are very excited b/c this will be our 1st hatch. We will be hatching mixed breeds. Our roo is a barred rock and the hens are silver Wyandottes, gold Wyandottes and one RIR hen. We do wonder with excitement about what they will look like but we will love them just the same.
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Ohh, what pretty mixes those will be!!! (not that I've tried them)

I wanted to have an Easter hatch, but as I just (like, 30 mins ago) ordered my new 'bator, it's not going to happen. HOWEVER, I think a clutch set on the first day of Spring is fairly appropriate, don't you?
smile.png

I think Spring hatch would be just as wonderful and the weather will be nicer. Everyone is getting chick fever. I just love it and so do my girls. I wonder if anyone has pictures of a barred rock and wyandotte cross. Maybe we will just leave it to the anticipation and excitement to find out when they hatch.
pop.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Oh, geesh, I didn't read your post closely enough---I've got a Wyandotte/barred Rock cross!!!!
smack.gif
Right now (she's two and half weeks) she looks exactly like a barred Rock, just with a rose comb. Of course, my roo is golden-laced Wyandotte and my hen was barred Rock, so that might have a little to do with it. I'm so excited for you!!! It is cool to see the different crosses feather out! Happy hatching!
woot.gif

Red&Yellow :

Oh, geesh, I didn't read your post closely enough---I've got a Wyandotte/barred Rock cross!!!!
smack.gif
Right now (she's two and half weeks) she looks exactly like a barred Rock, just with a rose comb. Of course, my roo is golden-laced Wyandotte and my hen was barred Rock, so that might have a little to do with it. I'm so excited for you!!! It is cool to see the different crosses feather out! Happy hatching!
woot.gif

you should post a picture
smile.png

Okay-Here (s)he is, Domino the GLW/barred Rock
42183_chicks_and_winter_2010_008.jpg

42183_chicks_and_winter_2010_010.jpg

Although this was a week ago, and now (s)he has feathered out even more! (S)He is very friendly, the most of all seven chicks, and dosen't cry bloody murder when you pick him(her) up!!! (can you tell I want Domino to be a girl?)

Oooo..I like Domino's coloring! I can't wait to see if they will have a rose comb or not. This hatch should be very interesting and exciting. Thank you Red&Yellow for posting pictures. I hope Domino is a girl too.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Red&Yellow :

Okay-Here (s)he is, Domino the GLW/barred Rock
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42183_chicks_and_winter_2010_008.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42183_chicks_and_winter_2010_010.jpg

Although this was a week ago, and now (s)he has feathered out even more! (S)He is very friendly, the most of all seven chicks, and dosen't cry bloody murder when you pick him(her) up!!! (can you tell I want Domino to be a girl?)

Oh my gosh (s)he is SO cute! its kinda cool how he(r)'s comb is bright yellow...
lol.png

Yep, doing a easter hatch as well.....about 350-400 eggs will be hatching the last few days of March...This will be my biggest hatch to date. I just hatched about 200.

Back
Top Bottom