Anyone else a chicken hypochondriac? Thought one had Marek's... she was dustbathing

Roostersgalore

Chirping
Nov 7, 2021
Title says it all.. I am new and only see them in any length of time indoors and my vinyl flooring obviously doesn't allow for much dustbathing.

Spent half an hour panicking, took my rooster ( my pet) indoors for belated quarantine and googled terrified. Went back outside and she was walking around normal🙄 she was to be fair looking like she was kicking around trying to get up but unable.

When they sneezed during a coop cleanout I googled chickens sneezing and was quickly convinced it was Bird flu (not the dust).

Anyone relate? Didn't think it was suitable for any other forum but feel the need to commiserate!

Title says it all.. I am new and only see them in any length of time indoors and my vinyl flooring obviously doesn't allow for much dustbathing.

Spent half an hour panicking, took my rooster ( my pet) indoors for belated quarantine and googled terrified. Went back outside and she was walking around normal🙄 she was to be fair looking like she was kicking around trying to get up but unable.

When they sneezed during a coop cleanout I googled chickens sneezing and was quickly convinced it was Bird flu (not the dust).

Anyone relate? Didn't think it was suitable for any other forum but feel the need to commiserate!
yes! This happened to me one time :lau

I am always like, wait, is her crop sticking out? Then I torture her by chasing her all around and finally catch her just to put her down and say, I think your alright.
Tell me about it! Then they are all stressed by the chase and groping around. So it's a guessing game on whether they're distressed from that or the mystery illness🙄 I was CONVINCED one of them had an impacted crop last week😂 to be fair I've only had silkie roosters until now and so hens with Normal feathers look and behave differently to what I'm used to.

Back
Top Bottom