Anyone else a fan of Dave Ramsey?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Daycare Mom, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Just wondering how many other chicken friends are fans of the debt-free king!?!?!?!!

I have been a long time fan of Dave Ramsey. We never really had a problem with debt, but listening to him, we have made sure that it would never be a problem in our life. We are debt free including the house and have an emergency fund. How is everyone else doing?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Well we are not doing so great, BUT our only bills are the rent, food, car payments, utilities, cell phones. We are just starting to pull up out of the water. This month all bills were paid on time. No extra yet due to kids starting college, but I think we are better than most.

3. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Better than I deserve!! [​IMG]

4. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    Quote:DITTO!

It's actually how we all should live. Debt is DUMB! [​IMG]

5. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm right there with yall!![​IMG] We are doing way better than most couples our age and it's all because we decided to follow Dave's plan. Just the house payment (only 12 more years) and $2,000 on a car!!!! We'll get it done before you know it--and the recession hasn't bothered us yet which is practically a miracle![​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Wish I would have known about him 20 years ago....LOL

I listen to him all the time. Gives good advice and seems like a really nice guy. I am glad he got a show on FOX as well as his radio program.

7. Solace

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    He talks the talk and walks the walk. It's tough to break yourself of bad habits, but once you get in the swing of it you become driven.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm a fan. I think he talks straight and his suggestions and ideas are spot on and clear.

9. Solace

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    It's really just common sense and once you get rolling with it you realize how silly you've been in the past. At least that's how it was for me.

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Not sure who that is I have proubly seen him.I like Suze Orman.....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by