Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

I did a little spot check candling last night and feel better...definatly more development then the other day.
fl.gif

I candled the eggs in the 1st incubator (due March 20th) 2 days ago and I took one out that wasn't developing.

I candled the eggs in the 2nd incubator (Due March 25th) last night and looks like some of the bantam eggs aren't doing much of anything.
I didn't take any of them out just yet. I'm gonna wait a few more days and candle again and see what I see then.

Last edited:
I have about 30 due on the 18th then the 21st I've got 15 chicks being shipped to me and also on the 23rd Ive got 5 under a hen due to hatch.
smile.png
Selling most of the first ones, they was just testing a new incubator.

Edited because I can't spell
roll.png

Last edited:
I decided to do some spot checking last night too. I didn't even bother to look at the colored eggs. I have a crappy candling setup. The ones I did check are showing signs of development in a good percentage. I left them all in there because, as I said, I don't have the best candler. I need to work on that and check them again before lockdown. I like dark brown and colored eggs, but it sure is easier to see what's going on in the white and light brown ones.

Quote:
I'm hatching on the 24th as well. Plus, my 6 year old daughter's birthday is the 23rd. She's hoping for an early hatch.

Quote:
I'm hatching on the 24th as well. Plus, my 6 year old daughter's birthday is the 23rd. She's hoping for an early hatch.

Sweet! Tell her happy birthday from me!!
yippiechickie.gif

Well, I checked my questional eggs tonight and was able to see two chicks moving around. The third egg is too dark to see in (olive egg). I might have 16 out of 16 developing! For sure I have 15 out of 16.....sweet!

Now to see how many of the 16 will hatch! I am really enjoying my first incubating experience!

Back
Top Bottom