Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Oh dear 102.2 is just fine. Don't worry about it at all. Mine has hit that a few times before and they are all doing fine. Which incubator are you using? If its a still air one that its going to be just fine.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I'm over the pond in the UK, it went up to 39 celsius (102.2F)
sad.png

DIY therm, small microchip receives voltage reading from an NTC thermistor and switches on and off heat circuit accordingly. Been perfect up until now
sad.png

Spending the night down here with them now!

I think they should be fine, since it wasn't like 103, or 106.
And since you caught quickly they should be good

I sure hope so. Think this is going to be a rather sleepless night for me! Thanks for the good wishes guys, put my mind at rest a little
smile.png

I build the brooder for this batch almost two months ago... I was so eager to hatch something, I set 17 quail eggs at the same time. They hatched already, but now I am ready for the real thing.

Well good news, my brooder is able to stay a stable temperature....
The bad news is.... I burnt my arm on the metal part of the light, which tends to get waayyy overheated.
So yup, arm now has a red painful patch on it.
Those chicks better hatch hahhhaaha.

Long sleeves are a requirement to reach into the back end of my brooder. LOL I have enough burn marks don't need more. But I keep sitting here on my couch looking at the poor lonely brooder just sitting there. *sigh* I wonder if I go up stairs and read my eggs a story if they will hatch faster?

Quote:
Hahahhaa I already put my headphone in mine while playing audio of a chick peeping... No idea why I thought that would work
tongue.png

I have had all the excitement I can handle for a day
wink.png

I am turning in....will most certainly provide pics of the progress tomorrow morning! Still at 10 pips....hopefully some of the chicks have hatched by that point!

Back
Top Bottom