Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Quote:
Aww thats gotta be so cool. I wish I was home with mine.

When do you get to see them again?
And awww! Its trying so hard now!
And uh oh... it is now pecking at my thermometer.

Well I can stay up until midnight and go home but I normally sleep at work until my shift at 8am. Its a hard decision right now because I know if I go home I am going to be up all night and not want to leave them in the morning. It was hard enough leaving that little peeper tonight after refilling all the waters.
hit.gif

Quote:
Ahh i see, it was hard for me to leave the house today with my little hatched one playing soccer.
But i had to go buy that new incubator before anyone else saw it.
It is used but it is working much better than the current one. Which is great.
Though I will put it to the real test here in a week or so.

Quote:
Awww, When were you due again?
And my little beckham is too cute. Such interesting colors too. Like many different shades of brown, and tan. I think the only yellow is on its face.
And how do you dye a chick that has already hacked?
Or what can I mark them with that won't easily come off.
I need a way to distinguish them all from eachother.

Day 21 is today - hoping that they're just a bit late, but I'm starting to doubt it....

Congrats on your ball player!!

I mark mine with little rubber bands and you can use zip ties as they get a bit bigger

The ones I got from the hatchery had a purple bingo ink dot on their heads - I guess you could also do that with a little food dye?

Quote:
Don't worry
smile.png

I am actually on day 23 now, and I am just now starting to get some chicks hatching.
Might just have some late bloomers. I mean on day 21 they were completely still, once it was offically day 22 though they were all peeping and wiggling.
And thanks
smile.png

I might look into the bingo dots, need to find out whee i can buy them, or where they sell the actual liquid food coloring.

Thanks - I hope so...

You can find food coloring at any grocery store.

The bingo dots are like a bottle of ink w/ a sponge on the end - the Bingo players use this, rather than the red chips these days.

Back
Top Bottom