Anyone Else Encountering Tons of Trackers Lately?

HipMystic

✨Orchids and Moonlight✨
Nov 12, 2020
Nowhere
Just curious is anyone else has been seeing this lately…

I usually use BYC from my iPhone, and it has a feature to prevent cross-site tracking, and another to block my IP address from known trackers. One of the things it does is actually tell me how many it’s blocked in the last 7 days.
In the last week especially, I’ve been encountering TONS of trackers, mostly from here it seems 🤔 Now I’m not blaming BYC or anything like that (Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere 😁) I was just curious whether any other users (iPhone especially) had noticed a general increase 🙂
The pic below is from a few minutes ago, I had just cleared all of my website data, tabs, history, and cookies, and had just logged in to BYC. Most of the sites on the trackers blocked list seem to be sites that produce pop up ads
A5E0730B-F17E-4E0A-9761-F9A2E99244AD.jpeg

Another thing I’m curious about, I did recently download the new app Peridot, made by the company behind Pokémon Go
My phone battery has started running out very quickly since about the same time I downloaded this game, even if I force-close the app and don’t reopen it. This is about the same time the trackers thing started…
Has anyone else had an issue with Peridot, or noticed the same correlations? I don’t want to delete the game if I don’t have to…

Back
Top Bottom