Anyone else get glazed eyes reading about genetics?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EggyErin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. EggyErin

EggyErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    N. Ga mountains
    Oh my gosh. I just can't keep up and I'm so glad it doesn't matter. I can sort of keep up through a few posts about egg colors but then my eyes start to lose focus and all I see are X's. With chickens? Forget it. All I see are different colored feathers swimming around.[​IMG] I'm the first to admit I'm not of a scientific bent, nor a math one, and admire all who plug away diligently learning "this over this = that." However, with all that pesky info swept away, I have many MB's of brain space that can be filled with all kinds of wonderful information.[​IMG] But I can still balance my checkbook.[​IMG]

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I don't have the eye trouble, I begin with a slight humming sound in the back of my head, and the more I try to focus, the louder the humming gets, until it becomes a loud buzz with the voices yelling over the noise.[​IMG]

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Your not the only one. [​IMG] I have mental problems when I start reading all those X's.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I love science, biology, etc. But genetic's? Blech, eye's cross, mind wander's far, far away almost immediately.

5. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    At first I'll be all [​IMG] then I'm like [​IMG] and finally I'll end up [​IMG] .

6. Lordofchickens 86

Lordofchickens 86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    The Burg FL
    Genetics is easy you breed ,cull,breed,cull thats my genetics when i first started i thought a book might help it did a little but i learned best by doing.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by