anyone else hatching today?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by joyful-homemaker, May 1, 2009.

1. joyful-homemaker

joyful-homemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    Is anyone else hatching today? hopefully I will have 3 chicks shortly. It is so hard not to go out and peek! Hopefully my other broody hatches one, she has been setting sooo long. Her first eggs werent any good so I had to replace them. I hope it is soon for her.

2. Farmer Gab

Farmer Gab Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Me! I have four turkey eggs in the hatcher and one has already pipped!!! This is my first time so I am SUPER excited!!!

3. john in wa

john in wa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    i had my first one hatch at about 2:45 am today and was i shocked when i looked in the bator and seen my black copper marans egg hatched a yellow chick. went straight to ebay and looked at the description again and any extras may be wheaton marans or black marans. i have 2 more eggs pipped.

4. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    I have 2 eastern wild turkeys on day 27 in one bator. Bator #2 has some little Serama eggs on day 20 and in the Dickey hatching tray on day 20 is a few cochins, speckled sussex and jersey giants! And not 1 pip yet......... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  5. Gunswayne

Gunswayne Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Beasley, TEXAS
    I have 2 bantam hens sharing 10 RIR eggs. I saw that one was piped and chirping last night! Can't wait to get off of work to see what has happened!

6. john in wa

Mar 31, 2009
    2 more chicks out and drying off in the bator. both of these are black. 4 more to go.

7. joyful-homemaker

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    Awesome! my hatch isn't going very well. We will see what happens. Mama has been trying to eat them as they hatch. I lost one yesterday, one is out but weak and two are working on it. I worry that the two she ate the shell off of will be too banged up to make it:(

8. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    I'm sitting at work getting phone updates from my wife and kids. It's killing me not to be there. [​IMG]

Another 2 hours I will be home.

9. john in wa

Mar 31, 2009
    joyful wishing you the best of luck with your hatch. I still have 4 eggs left and we are on day 22 and none of them have pipped yet. so i will just sit back and keep checking with my little light looking for pips. lol

10. joyful-homemaker

Jul 11, 2007
    central ohio
    I have 3 cute little mille fleur chicks![​IMG] They all seem to be doing well despite momma pecking the shells off and causing them to dry out. They all needed a little help out because the membrane was tough, but they are doing well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by