Anyone else hatcing around 8/5/16?

Chicks Galore3

Artistic Bird Nut
11 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Iowa
I have a broody on 4 assorted eggs, and am starting to be BEYOND excited for hatch day. Which, unfortunately, is still 12 days away.
tongue.png
Is there anyone else who will have a hatch (Broody or incubator) anytime around August 5th? If so, feel free to join me in waiting "patiently"!
lol.png
My chicks will be Lavender Orpington dad, not sure on the moms. All four eggs are brown, and I'm thinking two are production reds, but one is a lighter brown, and the other is slightly speckled, I think. Is it possible to tell what breeds they are when they are older?

I have a bantam who should be hatching early next week (1st or 2nd I think.) Looks like she's only got one viable egg out of the five, but we might sneak some hatchery chicks under her to give it company
big_smile.png
Though the last time we went to get 'just a couple' to sneak under a broody, we ended up bring home seven, which brought us to a total of ten lol.

I have a bantam who should be hatching early next week (1st or 2nd I think.) Looks like she's only got one viable egg out of the five, but we might sneak some hatchery chicks under her to give it company
big_smile.png
Though the last time we went to get 'just a couple' to sneak under a broody, we ended up bring home seven, which brought us to a total of ten lol.

Awww ducklings!!
Good old chicken math! :p I think I said, "Okay,no more chickens." About a week before my hen went broody and threw all practical plans out the window.

Back
Top Bottom