Anyone else have a vacation scheduled on the Gulf?

19Dawn76

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Toadsuck, AR
Ours is in mid July and we have 0 chance of a refund. I thought it would be neat to go down and volunteer but when I called the resort today they told me you had to have special training to volunteer and thank you very much thats so sweet of you but we don t need anymore volunteers. I found a website with daily updates and it looks like it s kind of hit or miss if the beaches are open.

Anyone else have one scheduled? Are you going or staying? Anyone live down there?

going down to Houston then Galveston this summer. My sis got run outta the beach in Galveston because too many sharks coming in the shallows... so maybe I'll only dip my toes in..

We're not going but my grandfather owns a house in Fairhope AL and Mary Esther FL so he has frontline view
sad.png

We usually take a beach vacation some place in California, but they are boycotting us Zonies now. So I guess we will have to try Padre Island. Hopefully, the tar balls and oil will be carried east by the wind and currents.

Rufus

PS I wish I had an oil well that produced 50,000 barrels of oil a day. That is a doozy of a well, to bad it is in the bottom of the ocean.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm actually making it a point to do the anti-thesis on the Arizona boycott when I can
smile.png
Come to Michigan and see our coastlines!!

Quote:
I'm actually making it a point to do the anti-thesis on the Arizona boycott when I can
smile.png

I have been to Michigan. It is absolutely beautiful. To bad about the mosquitoes though. They just love our Mexican blood. I saw other people walking around and not being bitten. I can't figure out their secret.

Rufus

Quote:
smile.png

I have been to Michigan. It is absolutely beautiful. To bad about the mosquitoes though. They just love our Mexican blood. I saw other people walking around and not being bitten. I can't figure out their secret.

Rufus

it's all the beer ...
wink.png
Actually it's something to do with pheromones from what I'm told... They love me too..

Quote:

Rufus

it's all the beer ...
wink.png
Actually it's something to do with pheromones from what I'm told... They love me too..

The Fillipinos used to say that if you ate bananas the mosquitoes would attack you. I stopped eating bananas, but they still came after me.

Rufus

Yep!

Live in La.

Going to Pensacola July 20-- something. Plan to be there or be square.

We have 72 hours prior to reservations to cancel at no cost, or if the beaches get dirty once we are their a full refund for remaining days.

Back
Top Bottom