Anyone Else Have Canaries?

Zoomie

Songster
Dec 6, 2015
Mora, NM USA
I've just put my pairs next to each other for the start of the breeding season. Anyone else have canaries?

I have Belgian Waterslagers. They are a song canary and have a very wild and free sound to their song. The Waterslager has more tours in his song than any other song canary but is famous for the water tours - they can actually sing the sounds of water!

I used to raise color-bred canaries which was pretty fascinating if you got into the genetics and inheritance of the colors and patterns. I had quite a few at one time but we moved and I had to sell them all.
sad.png
Good news, in our new house I have canaries once more! I do miss the color-bred canaries... but on the other hand... Waterslagers sound so much better! Now I have them I'm very happy again and really anticipating breeding season.

So who else has canaries? What type do you have? Do you breed them? What is your favorite thing about your birds?

I have Canaries. I breed glossters, German crested, Stafford's, red factors, red bronze. I love their song, and really enjoy the bird.

I had one who sang his heart out for four years, a Timbrado. i put him outside with my other caged birds and a small snake got him.

Back
Top Bottom