Anyone else have this "problem"?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by augustmomx2, May 4, 2009.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Since I have became obsessed with this site & I'm in love [​IMG] w/my chickies, now I must have more chickens! I've got big plans for next spring, hatching & raising banties.

Now, however, I find myself looking @ materials and thinking "hmmm...I could do x, y, z & make a new coop!" I see left over wooden flats, lumber, etc & all the while I'm planning a bantie coop in my head.

Mind you, I live on 3/4 of an acre in a metro area. Space & patience of my neighbors are limited...I'm going to have to move if I keep this up [​IMG]

2. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

You are not alone...

same exact symptoms here,

must be that addiction they warn us newbies about?

[​IMG]

3. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I'm in very small farm town......but my space is limited as well. I'm addict![​IMG] I haven't gotten a rooster yet, cause i'm too worried about upsetting nieghbors.

4. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    I bailed. I was in the middle of town, was sick of thumpin stereos at 10:00 at night.

Now, my driveway from the dirt road is 1/2 mile long! I can stand naked on my front porch and shoot a shotgun (if I was so inclined)!

Life is short, make yourslef happy![​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Will I dont live in town, that may be a bad thing. I have hundreds of birds, and still keep getting more.

Over a 100 peafowl
    over a 100 chickens
    over a 100 pheasants

Yes everything I see, looks like i could use that for new pens.

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    You are soooooo not alone! I have a neighbor whose daughter has outgrown her cute little wood playhouse and I keep envisioning myself asking how much she'll take for that coop, er, I mean, playhouse. [​IMG]

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Everytime we go somewhere I watch buildings and keep thinking if they would make a good coop or not. [​IMG]

8. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    A friend of mine threw out a multi sectioned shelving unit my first thought was that would go nice in a pigeon loft. [​IMG]

9. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:I want to be your neighbor [​IMG]

10. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I am with you! I live in a ranching area but decided I have enough dogs, cats and horses that keep me busy but chickens and ducks are pretty easy.

They do not require the time and training or VET bills (Spaying, Neutering, shots. I know emergencies happen) that the others do.

I picture turning every little building or shed into a coop or duck pen.

I LOVE having chicks and Ducklings in the house in a brooder. I get up in the morning, put the dogs out and go check the babies! Like going into a pet nursery. They are either sleeping peacefully or eating and playing in the litte dirt pan or trying out the new branches I put in for roosting!

YES, I AM ADDICTED!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by