Anyone else having a ladybug(actually an asian beetle) problem???HELP!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EllyMae, Mar 8, 2009.

1. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm about SICK of these things crawling all over the INSIDE of my house. THe warm weather we have had for the past two days has brought them out in the gazillions....AGAIN. They were bad enough back in October but good grief, this is getting old!! Anyone else have this problem? Any way to exterminate these things? Please don't tell me how beneficial they are...cause I know that part, but they aren't beneficial to me inside my house. I have sealed cracks and crevices and sprayed them outside and inside. It's unbelievable how many I have in my house. [​IMG]

I just realized that I should have probably labled this as my "first rant", lol. Well, dang it, even easy goin' ole Ellymae can get bent-outta-shape once in a while!

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i have seen traps for these but my gram just sucks them up with the vacuum. They are annoying.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Start'in to hate them my self. I went camping in November an danged if there wasn't a million in my camper. Driving 20 miles with the doors an windows open didn't even get rid of them.

4. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I wish I could describe the mental picture I got of you flying down the road with the doors and windows open....just struck me as hilarious and definitely something I would have done, LOL!! [​IMG]

5. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I've got them in Maine in our 1810 farmhouse. We just vacume them up and throw them outside. For what it's worth, I brought in some tomato plants last fall and they are thriving and being pollinated by the lady beetles. I have a mess of baby green tomatoes inside!

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I'd rather have them! We have Stink Bugs and Box Elder beetles!

It's like some biblical plague here. Disgusting!!!! [​IMG]

And if you don't get 'em just right they stink up everything!!!! [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    they are very beneficial.... heehe [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Uck...we have those beetles, too. There are literally HUNDREDS of them crawling all over the ceilings of our old farmhouse when the weather heats up. I just vacuum them up, but this year I am going to try to get them fumigated. I have heard that it is not very successful, though. It is just gross to find them in my babies cribs, etc. They fall on your head and are crunchy under bare feet...yuck.

9. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    We got em too. Just on the outside tho. Our house is fairly tight and we have it sprayed inside and out. My rant is last year here (SE kansas) on waking up after a warm Halloween night, I had brown squiggly lines all over my white trims. and my screens looked as if someone sprayed oil on them. what the heck was those. Ladybugs too?

10. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    [​IMG]

I wish I had them.. My rose bushes are over run with aphids..

[​IMG]

Mother earth news had an article about how to get rid of them from inside your home.. Right off the top of my head I cant remember what issue.. It wasnt that long ago.. Maybe they put that article online..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by