Anyone else having a ladybug(actually an asian beetle) problem???HELP!

EllyMae

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
The South Mountains of NC
I'm about SICK of these things crawling all over the INSIDE of my house. THe warm weather we have had for the past two days has brought them out in the gazillions....AGAIN. They were bad enough back in October but good grief, this is getting old!! Anyone else have this problem? Any way to exterminate these things? Please don't tell me how beneficial they are...cause I know that part, but they aren't beneficial to me inside my house. I have sealed cracks and crevices and sprayed them outside and inside. It's unbelievable how many I have in my house.
barnie.gif

I just realized that I should have probably labled this as my "first rant", lol. Well, dang it, even easy goin' ole Ellymae can get bent-outta-shape once in a while!

Quote:
I wish I could describe the mental picture I got of you flying down the road with the doors and windows open....just struck me as hilarious and definitely something I would have done, LOL!!
lau.gif

I've got them in Maine in our 1810 farmhouse. We just vacume them up and throw them outside. For what it's worth, I brought in some tomato plants last fall and they are thriving and being pollinated by the lady beetles. I have a mess of baby green tomatoes inside!

Uck...we have those beetles, too. There are literally HUNDREDS of them crawling all over the ceilings of our old farmhouse when the weather heats up. I just vacuum them up, but this year I am going to try to get them fumigated. I have heard that it is not very successful, though. It is just gross to find them in my babies cribs, etc. They fall on your head and are crunchy under bare feet...yuck.

We got em too. Just on the outside tho. Our house is fairly tight and we have it sprayed inside and out. My rant is last year here (SE kansas) on waking up after a warm Halloween night, I had brown squiggly lines all over my white trims. and my screens looked as if someone sprayed oil on them. what the heck was those. Ladybugs too?

hide.gif

I wish I had them.. My rose bushes are over run with aphids..

hide.gif

Mother earth news had an article about how to get rid of them from inside your home.. Right off the top of my head I cant remember what issue.. It wasnt that long ago.. Maybe they put that article online..

Back
Top Bottom