Anyone else having trouble with hens laying elsewhere?

My chickens use to have a problem of laying in unusual places instead of their coop for example, I know and understand people do not like gathering eggs from unobvious places so I would either recommend blocking her from it or laying or putting something in her usual spot that will decrease her habit of doing it.

Well their locked up in the new cage for tonight and probably the
A7118E32-1EB7-4400-B1A0-8A987ABBC102.jpeg
rest of their lives.They seem to enjoy their own space being just the three of them,I have a boy and two girls.I even noticed a total new rooster When is separated them.Here they are tonight,covers it in tarp.Niy too worrie about weather but will be wooding a lot of the fence (It’s a pretty air open place),the bottom of it is wire and I know how hot these types of birds can get but gotta winter weather proof it in sum way or another,just to be prepared for our future winter.

When mine choose to lay elsewhere, I lock them in their coop/run for a week or so to reset them. Another option would be just to keep picking the eggs out of their chosen laying spot. At least you know where they are.

When mine choose to lay elsewhere, I lock them in their coop/run for a week or so to reset them. Another option would be just to keep picking the eggs out of their chosen laying spot. At least you know where they are.
I have a couple from last year that are just dropping them where they are at. Seems they are too busy to go find a nestbox. Others are making floor nests in corners. Spring can make them a bit nutty.

Back
Top Bottom