Anyone else in Vancouver, BC?

geojane42

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver just passed a new chicken bylaw so I'm sure I can't be the only one who recently discovered this web site. Any other poultry pals in my hood? Would love to meet some like minded folks. We're pretty seriously into urban farming this year too but very new to it. We could probably spare some garden space if anyone could use it. We're in the Kerrisdale/Dunbar area.

In addition to the new chickens, we have 2 big friendly dogs, a very cool cat and two teenage boys that we'd like to build a coop for.

Give me a shout if you'd like to hook up! Here's us in a rare pet free moment:

DSC00982.JPG

hey there, did you give up after so long? I was just searching to see if anyone else on BYC was in Vancouver - so do you have your chickens yet?

Are you following the bylaws to a 't'? I'm not sure about only havng 4 hens, and only chickens to be honest :) I am considering getting 4 hens and 2 ducks! Has anyone called you in over anything? Did you bother registering?
thanks!
Caitlin
(vancouver BC)

Hi, new member here located in Surrey. We are semi rural and have several small flocks. Not strictly legal, but my municipality tells me they don't go looking for chickens unless the neighbours complain, an mine have chickens too. My partner and I are retired and keep chickens, pigeons, doves and quail. Dogs and cats, too, of course.
Gerry

Back
Top Bottom