Anyone else love fall????

mmmmmm fall....nothing like stepping outside and smelling that crisp fall smell in the air!!!!
love.gif

I used to love fall. It was my favorite season. But now, I have an idiot who fires a propane cannon in the field across from me. The previous owner, who raised cattle, field corn and pumpkins died, and this guy bought the land. After twenty years of normal farm livng, now we have an agri-terrorist and so live in a state of perpetual siege. It has ruined the season for me.

I love fall, it is my favorite season.

I slept late on day this spring and missed spring. I hope that doesn't happen with fall.

Did I mention that I love fall and it is my favorite season.

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year!!
love.gif
I love the cool nights and mornings but warm days. Less bugs, beautiful leaves, school for the kids, it is just perfect! The ONLY thing bad about fall, is what follows!!
hit.gif

Heck yeah! Huntin, trappin, football, cool weather, Thanksgivin, choppin firewood, a nice fire in the wood burnin stove, fall harvest, no skeeters or blackflies, and did I mention huntin, trappin, and nice cool weather?! Yep, I love it!
love.gif
wee.gif
And I love winter almost more than fall (the colder the better, I hate the heat!) LOL Its only 57F here right now, but I'm already wearin buckskins and my coon cap! I'll take every chance I get to wear those!

Last edited:
I ADORE fall!!

the smell of wood burning in fire places and back yard fire pits.
The smell of fallen leaves. The sound of leaves crunching under foot
the crispness of the air.. before the BITE of the winter air comes in.
The food! Oh. Stews, lasagna, FUDGE, cookies and bars. caramel apples. apple picking(we live in apple picking country. Home of Johnny Appleseed.
wink.png

Hayrides. The first killing frost(NO MORE BUGS!!!)
jarring, canning....HOME MADE APPLE PIE
The horses getting their winter coats. Being able to see their breath. How clear the air seems.. So clear that the cawing of crows sounds like bells and the calls of hawks ring. And the honking of the geese as they start practicing their flights south.

Oh yes. I LOVE FALL!!

Yes, fall is my VERY favorite season. Since I live in northern Wisconsin, the winters are very cold,and the summers can be very muggy. I like fall-it's sweatshirt or light jacket weather-perfect for me! Now...if I could only find somewhere in the U.S. that is fall-like all year-round! Anyplace like that exist?

Back
Top Bottom