1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone else NOT eat chicken???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wendy'sChicksRock, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    I can't be the only one who dosent eat meat...I will eat eggs from time to time but the rest of my family loves the farm fresh chickens. I could not eat one of my own birds. The family can with no prob.just a lot better for them than the stuff in the store... just wondering if their were anymore '' veggi'' chicken lovers out there..?[​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm not big on chicken...it has to be cooked THROUGH. If you cook it too tough, I won't eat it. Not enough, I won't eat it. I'm picky about chicken.

Bring on the sushi and rare steak though!

I realize this is a "veggie" lover post, but thought I'd throw out there that I'm not "big" on eating chicken.

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    my hubby and my daughter n I dont eat chicken any more for the last 5 yrs. but i have a 92 yr mother that would only eat only chicken breast . so i go buy 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken n throw it in my crock pot to cookit all up and then puree and then freeze it in portion size for her to eat.
    the rest of the family eat the eggs. i will not eat my own chickens.
    laura

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    There are a lot of vegetarians on here. [​IMG] I was for about 7 years...then met DH, who was a "You have to eat meat, yada yada yada!". So, it became difficult to cook for each of us, so I started eating a little bit of meat here and there. Now that I will eat meat, he thinks we should become vegetarians...or at least eat meat rarely. [​IMG] Chickens are great pets and give us eggs! Ours are here until they die of old age! [​IMG]

5. xxSonja

xxSonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    Im not a veggi, i do eat chicken, lots of it actually ... But not from my own yard... I just cant.

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Don't figure god gave me pointy teeth to eat rabbit food. [​IMG]

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I don't care for chicken or eggs all that much....I will eat it I just don't cause it kinda grosses me out. I prefer seafood, beef, or pork as far as meat goes.

ETA: oh yeah and processed meats all of them yuck [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Not to party crash, but seriously? I mean, I eat my own cull Araucanas, whom I treat just as well as my keepers, and they're gorgeous, because are you seriously aware of what the life is like for the chicken you eat at the store? [​IMG] Even if you give those chickens a good place to live, they still have serious growth and health issues.

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I don't....I get mad when we have to eat meat [​IMG]

10. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I don't eat MY chickens....I love them. I only have 8 and they are sweet little hens! I do eat meat, but we only buy it from local organic sources and through our organic co op store. I don't like the way factory farm animals are treated and I don't like what they are fed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by