Anyone else on Levothyroxine? *Just got my Armour thyroid, pg 8*

I am 'borderline' as well; I have been fighting my doc for YEARS to get me on meds (family history and all that too...). Every time I go in I have my TSH, T-4, T-3, and another (I can't remember
hu.gif
) just ask them to run the whole panel, not just the TSH. My sister was on synthroid for about 10 minutes then argued to get on the dessicated pig thyroid which I am going to assume is the Armour. She has completely bounced back and I believe she went from a size 14 to a 6.

I can't seem to lose the rest of the baby fat from the last baby and I am trying to get the docs to give me something.... my last TSH level was 2.68 but that was not 'bad' enough..... it just depends on the standards of the lab that gets your blood sample. Some labs use the old 0.2-4.0 range for normal, others use the updated range. What I do not get is if they REMOVE your thyroid they keep you below 2.0...... so WHY do people OVER 2.0 still have to suffer?????????
he.gif

Speckledhen; (and everyone else with the carpal tunnel effects...) there are some GREAT yoga exercises that can help eliminate the tingley fingers, just do a quick search and you will find them. They are not hard to do at all and heck, it is cheaper that surgery!

Quote:
Ew. Just ew. If it works, though....I'm so glad you guys have posted, now I have even more questions to ask her than Google provided LOL!

Okay, another question: I've been googling info on Armor, and I'm wondering, how much does it cost? Apparently it's hard to find a dr who will prescribe it, but if my dr will can I get the script filled at Wal Mart, CVS, or walgreens??? My budget is extremely limited, but after reading what I've read I would totally prefer to be on something natural instead of a synthetic chemical!!! I also think it speaks something good about it if the pharmaceutical companies are against it!

Quote:
Burt,
I beg you, if you're going to have to take thyroid meds, use Armour.
hugs.gif

Will ask my Cancer Doc, about Armour. They just put me on it because of the tumor, It was found thru a pet scan. Just had a test Friday to see if it is cancer, also found fluid on my lungs. Going in for cat scan tomorrow. I just hope my cancer has not started to sprend.

Go back to the doc. Wednesday for results. will ask her then. THANKS for the info.

Quote:
When I was first diagnosed and was having a hard time getting my dosage right I did some research on Armour. It sounds great and I'd love to try it, but when I wanted to check the price the pharmacies around here didn't carry it. Online I found it anywhere from $30-$125 depending on the dosage. Until the Levo quits working I'm going to stick with it because I can get it for $3 a month.

Quote:
Good luck!!! All of the info I've found about the natural thyroid stuff sounds pretty good. I found a couple pharmacies out here that have it, but can't guarantee when they'll get more. One said it's $50/month, another said $10/month!!! What a difference!!! There are three different kinds of natural (called NDT) you can get: Armour, Nature-Throid, and Westhroid. The second 2 are interchangeable, the first one I'm unclear on. From what I understand many people did very well on Armour until they reformulated it (or whatever they did). Whatever the case most of what I've read has been awesome about any of the three! I'm gonna try to get ahold of this doc on Monday to see if I can get a script, and hopefully they'll also be able to tell me where I can get it filled!!!

Quote:
Burt,
I beg you, if you're going to have to take thyroid meds, use Armour.
hugs.gif

Will ask my Cancer Doc, about Armour. They just put me on it because of the tumor, It was found thru a pet scan. Just had a test Friday to see if it is cancer, also found fluid on my lungs. Going in for cat scan tomorrow. I just hope my cancer has not started to sprend.

Go back to the doc. Wednesday for results. will ask her then. THANKS for the info.

fl.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that my step sons doc gave him Levothyroxine to help increase his appetite so he could gain weight......and it works.

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that my step sons doc gave him Levothyroxine to help increase his appetite so he could gain weight......and it works.

Darn! no way! I'm not taking mine aymore!..
barnie.gif
he.gif

Thing is they use the same thyroid meds on hypo and hyper. The dosage is just different.

Armour is hard to find right now. Just keep checking different drug stores and move your prescription around if you have to. Most docs just give a T3 drug. But your body needs T4 too. Armour is desicated pig thyroid. My endo told me that "back in time" people would just get a thyroid from a slaughtered pig, soak it in brandy, then slice of a very small amount (about 1/2 tsp) and then eat it.

Check this website and message boards. It's really good.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ab-thyroid&msg=23879.2

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom