Anyone else out there who's watched "The Darling Buds of May?"

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
I just finished watching it last night, and now it's time to send the last DVD back to Netflix. I watch at least once a year. Catherine Zetta-Jones was so beautiful in it, and I love her parents in the series! If you haven't seen it, set aside some time to watch it. Two thumbs up!

'

I havent seen that in years- but I did enjoy it. I might have to go out in search of some episodes myself. Never realised it was Catherine Zetta-Jones in it though- I have just always enjoyed anything with David Jason acting in it.

David Jason was 'purfec' as Pa. His facial expressions and the way his character really loved his wife and family made it for me. I only wish there were more episodes.

Added to my netflix list now.
big_smile.png

Being English I watched it first time it was shown on tv, it is filmed in Kent where my family originate from, and I can see many similarities in the show with folk I grew up with.... If you use Netflix they have a great selection of show's similar..... A time of innocence where we did not have so much violence, but read between the lines and there are some "adult" references subtly added....

Quote:
Please suggest some of your favorites! I do have a Netflix acct, and I did get TDBOM from there. I would love for you to suggest more English shows along this line. And yes, the adult subtle humor is the best. So refreshing to be able to watch it with my 11 year old daughter. She fell in love with 'Pa'.

Back
Top Bottom