Anyone else recovering/recovered from H1N1?(update)

TriciaHowe

Mother Hen
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Trenton, FL
It is rampant in my house right now. Started by 6yr old who gave it to 3yr old and then 11yr old got it. 15 month old and I got it at the same time. He seems to be much more recovered than I am. All the other kids are seemingly back to normal and back to school. 6yr old is at her soccer game today, which I couldn't go because I am still sick. I still have a low grade fever - 99.6 to 100.0, chills and then sweating, hacking cough that is killing me the leg pain is finally gone thankfully but I have NO energy what so ever. Dh was out of town for basically the last 2 weeks traveling, work related, so I had to take care of everyone and the animals. Didn't have a choice. Thankfully my inlaws took the 3 yr old for me the last couple of days so I could get some rest. The baby is easy and my 11 yr old help me with him. I also didn't want to expose me inlaws to an active flu virus.
If this cough is not better by Monday I will definatly be going to the Dr. Dh tried to talk me into going on Friday but I didn't want to be one of those people that went in just because. I am really concerned now that this may be turning into pneumonia as I feel bubbles in my chest when I cough.
I was just wondering what everyone elses recovery was like. I am not a smoker and have no other risk factors other than I was hosp. as a kid for viral pneumonia and I know my age kind of puts me at a slightly higher risk of complications.

Hope everyone else is well

UPDATE:
Went to the Dr and while she couldn't confirm I had had the flu she was pretty sure by the symptoms I told her I had. What I have now is secondary infections. I have an upper resp. inf., a sinus inf. and a right ear inf. I am on Zpak and codiene cough syrup. Hopefully I will be feeling better this time tomorrow. I have noticed a difference in my cough since being on the codiene. It makes me tired but at least I am not coughing!!!
smile.png
Thanks to everyone for their replies. I really appreciate it!!

Last edited:
If there is any chance you think you may have something secondary going on, I would get yourself checked out right away. No need to put your self at that risk.

How long have you been sick, because my doctor told me it should run its course in 5 days. (when I had it) and if it keeps going after that, I NEED to come back.

Thanks CW, that is what I am wondering...I would say today has been a solid week. That's what I have heard is that people should start to feel noticebly better after 3-5 days and I certainly do not. Probably TMI but I have coughed so hard that I have wet my pants and also have almost thrown up on several occasions from the coughing.

Please call the dr and get checked. You do not want something secondary coming on. It can become very serious very quick.
Most people probably recover just fine, but there are the few who become very ill, and can actually die. Better to be safe and possibly feel silly, than to face the possible consequences.
Not to sound scary or anything, but a coworkers cousin, a father of 6 children, just died. He had H1N1, didn't get well right away, didn't go to the doctor, ended up in the hospital with tons of fluid in his lungs, went into a coma like thing, was on some sort of machine, never woke up and passed away. Very very sad.
Suppose to run its course in 5 days, you are on day 7................
Get checked!!

I got it from my sister and passed it to my youngest daughter, then to my oldest daughter and husband. My Mom also got it from my sister. Everyone recovered just fine except my mom who ended up with pneumonia and my youngest who got a sinus infection, both are prone to secondary type infections and have a hard time fighting things off. Most of ours ran 4-5 days, then we were feeling better, the cough lasted longer, but the other symptoms went away.

im had swine flu and then caught pneumonia. tried to put off goin to the doctor, but finally went. he gave me z-pack for the pneumonia, but it didnt help. Took a total of about 50 days to get 100% better.... not fun at all.

This is sad.This is sad.This sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad. This is sad.This is sad.
lol.png
This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.This is sad.

I recently decided to give a guy I dated a few months ago another chance, for the last week or so every time he wanted to come over something happened and it didnt work out. Well now Im saying it was divine intervention because he passed out on wednesday, was taken to the hospital and found out he has it. He hasnt really been sick just here and there and they said its mostly affecting his lungs and he wasnt getting enough oxygen. Hes fine but geesh, Im glad he stayed away. I know 2 people whos kids got it in daycare and are recovering. There was just 2 people died at the large local hospital from it. One was only 28. Im stocking up on the hand sanitizer.

I don't know what I had but I can't seem to get rid of the lung congestion, was on Ceftin all last week. Guess I'll have to break down, see a Dr. and have them do a culture.. it's driving me crazy

Back
Top Bottom