Anyone else recovering/recovered from H1N1?(update)

*holds up hand*

You're typing with me...does that count? LOL! I attribute it to me making sure to wash my hands, gargle, everything when I had the flu. If I hadn't, I'm sure I would have caught a secondary issue when I left the house for medicines.

I had it last week I believe. Was over after about 5 days of pretty much just sleeping. Kept coughing nasty stuff up, fever that at its highest was 103.4, sooo tired no energy whatsoever. Not fun at all. Lots and lots and lots of kids at my school are getting it.

Definitely go in and get checked. This flu has been nasty. I work in a 500+ bed hospital and we have no beds available. Our hospital has never seen this number of flu patients this time of year. There are people in the ER waiting for rooms.
I don't know how old you are but there is an increased risk of pneumonia and severe disease in older folks. Just go in now and get checked so nothing bad develops or you can catch it in early stages.

Whatever my kids and I had was pretty mild. Fever for a day or so and a lingering cough for weeks.... I have had a sore throat now for over a week due to being ill with whatever I had. I have no way of knowing if I had the H1N1 or not since they quit testing for it; I just called the clinic when I was sick and they said 'flu, stay home'. I know others who have had it much worse that we did.... or at least I am hoping that we had it.
fl.gif

Thanks all for your replys. I am 37 yrs old. I am going to the Dr. today. I have been miserable all weekend and this has been going on for 10 days now. Still running a fever today. It broke yesterday morning and then came back last night. This is while taking motrin. My ear is killing me and my rt eye is running and goopy. Gross, sorry.... It's not pink eye as it's not itchy or painful. Sinus infection is what I am thinking. The cough is still horrid and keeps me up most of the night. I just can't stand it anymore.....

I will update when I know more

Thanks
Tricia

I was not diagnosed with H1N1, although I'm pretty sure I had it several weeks ago. It was either the seasonal flu (which everyone states isn't running rampant yet) or H1N1. I had the whole fever, aches, chills/sweats thing going on as well and a NASTY cough/wheezing thing. I have asthma and went through 2 inhalers in a week. I felt as though I was getting better, but it just came back. Finally, my mom called me at work and insisited I go to a doc (coming from a woman who NEVER took us to docs when we were younger). I heeded her request and was prescribed an antibiotic, after the first day I felt so much better. My coughing subsided and I actually had energy
smile.png
I say go, you'll get over it much quicker and it shouldn't be lingering for this long...hope you feel better!

Thank you
smile.png
I have not been "officially" dx either but I certainly know what the flu feels like and my kids had all the same symptoms too. I am 99.9% sure that this is what I have/had. Thankfully I was able to get to see a Dr. today at 2:45 today. It's not my normal Dr. but one in the practice. I wouldn't be able to see mine until Wed. morn.! I said I don't care what Dr I see, I just need to see one! LOL!

I think my 8 year old has it right now so i am just waiting for the rest of the family to get it.
so far its seems ok high fever - ok i have a ear one and a oral one - the oral one reads 101 - 101.8 at the highest the ear one reads 102 - 103 really should just stick to one of them
sore throat tummy ache but no puking headache and to sore to lie down for to long.
the doc just will say its flu keep her home they dont test for h1n1 unless you end up in the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom