ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS

The gov't keeps repackaging the NAIS to try and make it more palatable in order to cram it down our throats. It has no basis in reality and there is no need for it, other than for them to know what you are doing in your own backyard. They keep coming at us with this and when met with a brick wall, go back behind the curtain to pretty it all up with new words and put a new bow on it and re-present it to us "for our own good". Geez, it's like the monster in the movies that will never die.
roll.png
They'll never let it goooooooooo.
I agree, they just don't know how to let it GO! The more they cram our throats, the more they lose because we refused to let the government get after us, as small flock owners.....tell them to go after the egg production factories and meat bird factories...they are the worst culprits, shifting blame from them to us!

I don't get it I wouold have to register my chickens no matter how many I have is that right?? or is it for only the people that raise them a.. have chicks for sale or is it because of saling eggs?? I don't get it.

Rhayden

So what's "blood money"
The USDA pays a certain amount of money for each name/address of a person who owns/keeps livestock and/or poultry. They then add it to their database, the first step in tracking and monitoring farms, breeders, private citizens and others who have animals.

Each state's agriculture department has access to these names/addresses since every municipality is required to do an annual census of all livestock and poultry, and certain exotic animals/birds as well. However, it is illegal for them to disclose the information unless/until the state's governor-appointed council of senators votes to accept NAIS.

These censuses -- sometimes called a "barn book" -- are typically taken by the municipality's animal control officer or dog officer, who then sends the list to his/her state's ag office. Here in Massachusetts it's the Mass. Dept. of Agricultural Resources, the director of which is Douglas Gillespie. Not many years ago, Gillespie illegally sent the barn book to the USDA and collected the price-per-head for each livestock/poultry owner's name and address. The money was given to the state, as far as I know, but it was still an illegal action since Massachusetts had not (and still has not) voted to accept NAIS regulation from the USDA.

Hatch your own. There is no way the coop police can count every chicken. Just like the law that passed here that people cannot process their own animals for food. Really? I haven't seen any kitchen police yet......
Seriously!?!? What state are you in that passed a law that you can not process your own food? Does this apply to wild game that you hunt?? That is insane. We've processed everything ourselves. I don't see how they can enforce that. Is that a suburban or city law or is this something that applies to the rural areas as well? I can see that they maybe wouldn't want someone in the city stringing up a deer on the front lawn cutting them up... but if I decide that tomorrow I'm going to go out and butcher 20 of my chickens in the morning.... ??? What are they going to do about it? Am I'm obviously off the beaten path out here in the country. It would be for my own personal gain, not selling them. This whole thing is crazy.

The USDA pays a certain amount of money for each name/address of a person who owns/keeps livestock and/or poultry. They then add it to their database, the first step in tracking and monitoring farms, breeders, private citizens and others who have animals.

Each state's agriculture department has access to these names/addresses since every municipality is required to do an annual census of all livestock and poultry, and certain exotic animals/birds as well. However, it is illegal for them to disclose the information unless/until the state's governor-appointed council of senators votes to accept NAIS.

These censuses -- sometimes called a "barn book" -- are typically taken by the municipality's animal control officer or dog officer, who then sends the list to his/her state's ag office. Here in Massachusetts it's the Mass. Dept. of Agricultural Resources, the director of which is Douglas Gillespie. Not many years ago, Gillespie illegally sent the barn book to the USDA and collected the price-per-head for each livestock/poultry owner's name and address. The money was given to the state, as far as I know, but it was still an illegal action since Massachusetts had not (and still has not) voted to accept NAIS regulation from the USDA.
Kansas is also conducting these "research calls". I was called about 3 weeks ago asking about our live stock, exact numbers, even my horses, not just animals that you can consume. I realized too late I should have hung up on them. It didn't occur to me that this was a study done to help a new law come into effect. I thought it was about our farm, since we do have several hundred acres in crops as well. But when I got to the end of the call, I realized they had not asked about that, and I got to thinking-- this is not one of the usual "farm calls". I've been kicking myself ever since. My recommendation would be to anyone getting a call like that-- do not participate. I feel like an idiot.

Seriously!?!? What state are you in that passed a law that you can not process your own food? Does this apply to wild game that you hunt?? That is insane. We've processed everything ourselves. I don't see how they can enforce that. Is that a suburban or city law or is this something that applies to the rural areas as well? I can see that they maybe wouldn't want someone in the city stringing up a deer on the front lawn cutting them up... but if I decide that tomorrow I'm going to go out and butcher 20 of my chickens in the morning.... ??? What are they going to do about it? Am I'm obviously off the beaten path out here in the country. It would be for my own personal gain, not selling them. This whole thing is crazy.
Yes the city laws won't allow us to butcher our own chickens but I do it anyway to feed me and my family! I just wall up blue tarp around the pine tree, and butcher my birds under garbage containers. Neighbors never knew after I cleaned up the place and so forth.

Yes the city laws won't allow us to butcher our own chickens but I do it anyway to feed me and my family! I just wall up blue tarp around the pine tree, and butcher my birds under garbage containers. Neighbors never knew after I cleaned up the place and so forth.
Okay, so you are within city limits. That is a bit more understandable. Not that I agree with it, but most people are lucky to even have chickens within city limits. I can see how neighbors wouldn't want to be witness to a rendering of any kind.
wink.png

Why would you call it "blood money" ?

blood money

noun
a fee paid to a hired murderer.
compensation paid to the next of kin of a slain person.
money obtained ruthlessly and at a cost of suffering to others.
money paid to an informer in order to cause somebody to be arrested, convicted, or especially executed.

Because it's money paid to the state, via its agriculture department, for informing on its own citizens -- for the sacrifice of people's privacy and, eventually, in the freedom and right to own and keep (and make a living from) livestock and poultry. These citizens who keep livestock and/or poultry are having their names and addresses involuntarily turned in to the government, which gives the government power... to monitor them and confiscate and even kill the animals should there be a perceived threat to the "national security" - such as a disease outbreak. Failure to comply with NAIS will lead to citations, fines and, potentially, arrests.

Our names were illegally given to the USDA by the head of the Mass. Dept. of Agricultural Resources. He was the informant; the compensation he received (for the state) for doing that, is nothing less than blood money.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom